Mechanical Design Engineer II
The Engineer II, Mechanical Design, researches and designs components and mechanical systems for Subsite products. Primary duties include design and selection of components related to housings for electronic electromechanical equipment. The employee will use CAD software to create model files of mechanical housings and components; directs the work of drafter/illustrators, and technicians; works closely with various component suppliers; and performs other duties as assigned.
- Analyzes product specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which provide a good balance of performance, functionality, cost, and ease of manufacture.
- Directs and physically participates when needed in the construction and testing of prototypes to evaluate the design and functionality of the product.
- Solicits and evaluates input from various sources concerning product design and functionality to meet project and customer requirements and manufacturability of product designs.
- Review product designs for compliance with standard engineering practices, company and industry standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Creates, maintains, and/or directs the creation of essential design information and documentation throughout the product lifecycle
- Meet or exceed typical expectations for creativity, productivity, quality, and safety.
- Provides solutions to complex and challenging issues while balancing workload among multiple projects and priorities.
- Office environment most of the time, plant or outdoor environment a small amount of the time. Plant and outdoor conditions include variable heat and humidity, dirt, and noise; physical hazards such as sharp objects and moving machinery; hazardous materials such as solder and adhesives. May come into contact with products that have been used in sewer systems and other caustic environments.
- Rapidly changing workload and priorities.
- A high level of teamwork and cooperation.
- Occasional overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- More than 4 years of experience in a product design or related engineering role.
- Knowledge in use of CAD software, SolidWorks preferred.
- Knowledge in the selection and use of materials including plastics, steel, and aluminum.
- Knowledge in standard drafting practices and the application of the ASME Y14.5M Dimensioning and Tolerance standard or similar.
- Knowledge in the selection and application of electromechanical (i.e. motors, solenoids, etc.) components preferred
- Awareness regarding Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) methods and tolerance stack analysis desirable.
- Awareness regarding machining, turning, molding, casting, and other manufacturing processes desirable.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Results-driven, action-oriented, positive and energetic.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.