Join Our Team!
At The Toro Company you’ll find a world of opportunities to share your ideas and develop your talents with a financially-successful market leader. You’ll enjoy a workplace founded on ideals. Where people and performance are valued equally. Where ethics are a way of life. Where relationships thrive on trust and respect
The Production Planner is a key role requiring a high aptitude for organization, planning and forward thinking. The Production Planner will create and manage production plans for a component fabrication facility. The production planner considers all factors influencing production capabilities of the site and ensures raw materials and personnel are available to execute achievable production plans aligned with the goals of business.
This position is days Monday through Friday reporting to the Materials Manager.
- Confirm and monitor customer orders in SAP
- Manage and create master production schedule
- Align schedule with Integrated Business Planning strategy and plant capacities
- Procure raw material and monitor availability for production
- Manage and analyze raw and WIP inventory levels ensuring exceptional inventory record accuracy
- Monitor and manage supply base delivery performance
- Analyze equipment down time, supplier performance, personnel levels and strategically adapt production plan as necessary
- Strategically coordinate production plan and maintenance downtime to ensure continuity of customer service
- Own and manage planning parameters in ERP system
- Own and manage resolution process if production interruptions occur
- Collaborate with engineering for creation new component introductions for manufacturing
- Provide input to leadership to steer personnel needs to support plans
- Participate in tier meetings providing schedule updates and escalating issues for help
- Ability to walk and stand throughout working hours
- Manufacturing setting with moving equipment and varying lighting, temperature and noise levels
- Typical office environment as it pertains to lighting, temperature, and noise level when in administrative/operations offices
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and to handle other computer components
- Partnership with all levels within the Toro enterprise
- Bachelor’s degree (BA, BS)
- 3+ years of production planning experience in manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience planning production and utilization of ERP system
- Medium to high level experience utilizing excel or other programs to help analyze and make meaningful inferences from large sets of data
- Experience managing projects
- Demonstrated ability producing and managing production plans and ERP systems in a component fabrication environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate up, down and across a broad swath of peer groups.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability meeting short and long term business goals
About Toro Shakopee
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Toro – Shakopee is the largest non-engine supplier to toro with 149,000 square feet of production facility. The Toro Company (NYSE: TTC) is a leading worldwide provider of innovative solutions for the outdoor environment, including turf, snow and ground-engaging equipment, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. For over 100 years, our ideas have transformed the way professionals and homeowners care for their outdoors, including many leading sports venues and historic sites around the world. Across our strong family of brands, our success is founded on building trusted relationships, creating innovative products and following ethical business practices - ideals shared by our nearly 7,000 employees around the world. Toro consistently delivers strong financial performance and market leadership.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.