R&D Software Engineer
The R&D Electrical Engineer provides expertise within the department for electrical/electronic systems for Ditch Witch or Subsite branded products. Primary duties include design and selection of components related to electronic or electromechanical equipment. The employee will use ECAD software to create electronic schematics; direct the work of drafter/illustrators, and technicians; works closely with various component suppliers; and performs other duties as assigned.
- Collect and analyze technical information from a variety of sources, including:
- conversations with engineers, product managers, suppliers, etc.
- technical documents.
- operation of equipment.
- their own tests & experiments
- Develop design concepts for circuits and systems, involving analog and digital design techniques and interface sensors with microcontrollers/microprocessors.
- Develop design concepts using firmware design techniques.
- Develop and de-bug circuit prototypes to demonstrate compliance with specifications.
- Define measurement techniques, tuning procedures, and special test fixtures for production use.
- Prepare production documentation.
- Meets or exceed typical expectations for creativity, productivity, quality, and safety.
- Evaluates feasibility and applicability of newer technologies and methods to products and designs.
- Office environment most of the time with regular trips to the shop and outside work.
- Shop and outdoor environments include physical hazards such as utilities (typically gas, electric, and water lines), powered vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic, sharp objects, and moving machinery. Outdoor environment includes work in all kinds of weather while operating and demonstrating machinery and construction site conditions such as open excavations, unimproved land, uncompleted structures, etc.
- Working with hazardous materials, including fuels, lubricants, solvents, and batteries.
- Normal 8 hour work day, occasional workdays of up to 10 hours or more.
- Occasional overnight travel.
- Rapidly changing workload, priorities, demands, schedules, and deadlines.
- Regular, continuous use of a personal computer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- or closely related engineering field.
- Knowledge in developing embedded firmware for 8/16/32-bit microcontrollers in C/C++
- Knowledge with real-time operating systems a plus
- Knowledge in developing application software for embedded Linux systems (Qt/C++ is a plus)
- Knowledge in developing desktop applications in C#
- Knowledge of common communications busses such as SPI, I2C, RS232, and CAN
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Results-driven and action-oriented; positive and energetic.
- High degree of personal and professional integrity.
- Good problem-analysis and resolution skills.
- Strong process orientation and drive for continuous improvement.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.