Job Summary/ Objective: The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for overseeing the company’s Human Capital Management functions including payroll, benefits, compliance, performance management, talent acquisition, employee engagement and a key role in organizational communications and culture development.
Compensation, Benefits, and Compliance
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data into automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Educates employees on benefit programs (medical, dental, 401K, voluntary benefits, etc.) to assist them in maximizing their total compensation package.
- Utilizes payroll and benefits provider systems to accurately maintain employee records and manage benefit selection, claims, tracking, and monitoring.
- Administers COBRA benefits thru third party resource.
- Ensures legal compliance of applicable human resource labor laws and adheres to employment best practices.
- Maintains and updates employee files for reference and compliance.
- Maintains an efficient performance management system that identifies both business and personal development goals that are tied to the overall company objectives.
- Ensures consistent planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work by training managers to engage, coach, and if necessary, discipline employees.
- Acts as a partner with managers in performance management discussions and assists with resolving employee grievances.
- Proposes and maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Conducts independent exit interviews with employees and then initiates supporting feedback for Managers.
Workforce Planning Talent Acquisition and Successful On-Boarding
- Facilitates and participates in workforce planning by collaborating with executive and management teams to forecast the skills, behaviors and level of employee engagement that will be required to meet business objectives.
- Works with the Executive team to ensure succession plans are current and robust for key strategic positions.
- Maintains job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Conducts periodic pay surveys and gathers competitive market salary data.
- Manages the talent hiring system including candidate pipeline, interview processes, and on-boarding effectiveness.
- Support the onboarding and benefit harmonization for acquired companies.
Brand Communications and Culture Development
- Manages internal and external company communications in a proactive, timely manner to increase employee-owner engagement, understanding, and trust.
Apply for HR Generalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly