Sr. Manager - Hocokata Ti
Job Description Job Summary: Responsible for managing, planning, organizing and directing all operational, administrative and programming for the Hocokata Ti. Responsible for the daily operations of the department including: budgeting, maintenance of collections, buildings, grounds, displays, gift shop, hiring and training personal, marketing, and record keeping. The Sr. Manager works with a variety of outside parties to promote the museum and plan events and special programming. Budget/Asset Responsibilities: Coordinates development and execution of operating and capital budgets. Job Duties:
- Establish and implement long and short term goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures; monitor and evaluate program effectiveness; initiate changes required for improvement.
- Develop and manage the annual budget and perform periodic cost and productivity analysis.
- Oversee and develop business and marketing plans and reports.
- Direct and oversee the acquisition and professional management of a broad-based museum collection and archives; directs and oversees accessioning, de-accessioning, preservation (including digitization), research and other related professional activities.
- Oversee and coordinate a wide variety of temporary and permanent exhibitions; directs and guides all aspects of research, interpretation and collections management
- Manages and promotes educational programs for Community Members based upon facility's resources and features.
- Delivering performance reviews, providing feedback to employees while building high performing teams.
- Bachelors in History, Museum Studies, Business or Marketing or related field
- Museum Leadership or relevant experience
- Five years of recent experience in the museum operations field, with at least 5 years in a supervisory capacity
- Ability to provide strong leadership, vision and strategic direction.
- Knowledge of Dakota Indian culture required
- Proficient in word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and electronic mail software.
- Excellent leadership and organizational abilities
- Understanding museum artifact presentation and preservation
- Valid driver's license required with good driving record