Residence Hall Coordinator
- Responsible for the overall operation and management of Werner Hall.
- Responsible for maintaining an atmosphere that promotes the personal, social, and educational development of individual students.
- Responsible for assisting with Mystic Mobile activities programming.
- Responsible for support and implementation of the student organizations and activities programming on a daily, evening, and weekend basis as assigned by the Director of Student and Residence Life.
COMPENSATION: $27,000 + based on directly related experience, including on campus apartment and paid utilities. Eligible for a $2,000 sign-on bonus after successful completion of a 6-month probationary period. May be eligible for a salary increase after six months. Paid health insurance, life insurance, retirement, employee tuition waiver, spouse/dependent tuition discount. Click here for full employee benefits.
Position Description & Details
Maintains and promotes personal, social, and educational development of individual students – 25%
- Provides advice and information to students regarding residence hall activities.
- Conducts programming in the residence halls on an ongoing basis.
- May take disciplinary action regarding minor problems and ensures that major disciplinary problems are reviewed by superiors and that their recommendations are implemented.
- Ensures student compliance with residence hall rules and regulations regarding check in times, noise, activities, and property usage.
Overall operation and management of Werner Hall – 55%
- Ensures building safety and security.
- Supervises resident assistants in residence hall floor supervision activities.
- Picks up and delivers student mail.
- Ensures the outside doors are closed and secure.
- Determines maintenance needs and reports to proper supervisor.
- Implements and assists with room assignments and checks for room damages at final checkout time.
- Prepares and keeps various records and reports relating to charges, room assignments, keys, key replacements provided, supplies, disciplinary problems, etc.
- Coordinates housing arrangements for summer students and workshops.
- Ensures safety of students while participating in assigned student activities.
Supports and implements student activities – 10%
- Assists with student activities as assigned.
- Is present at designated student activities and functions, notifies and provides information to students regarding activities as well as implementing or assisting with activity.
- Serves as an assistant and resource in helping clubs, organizations and advisors with various needs, helps maintain daily activities and Mystic Mobile app. Advises and oversees the Congress of Student Organizations for campus student organizations.
- Provides support for resource fairs, designated registration days, and special events.
- Provides coverage for the Student and Residence Life Office reception and resource room as scheduled during the academic year and throughout the summer.
Miscellaneous duties – 10%
- Assists in the Office of Student and Residence Life by providing support during scheduled office hours.
- Prepares and maintains various signs/advertising records and reports related to activities coordinated through the Student & Residence Life Office.
- Supports innovation, creativity and ideas to improve/enhance processes, functions, etc. in the department and as a whole for the college.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum Requirements
Appropriate associate degree or two years of group environment-related work experience.
Excellent interpersonal skills and common courtesy in working with students, employees, and the public.
Knowledge or experience of working or living in a group environment with responsibility to maintain discipline, control, and operational practices.
Ability to assist, organize, and implement assigned activities and projects.
Good working knowledge of computer software programs (i.e., Microsoft Office, email & electronic calendar – Outlook).Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, and practices governing the residence hall operation and the ability to maintain discipline and control.
Experience in implementing college campus or residence hall activities.
Documented proof of current first aid training.
Experience in a comparable position.
Bachelor’s degree.Applicant Materials Required
CLOSING DATE: open until filled
STARTING DATE: June 1, 2021
To be considered by the search committee thoroughly complete the application and upload the following:
- Cover letter
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Bismarck State College does not provide sponsorships. BSC is an E-Verify Employer.
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.