Responsible for managing transactions in an effort to ensure optimized flow of materials for assigned entities; achieving this by working closely with the commodity buyer, commodity manager, supplier quality engineer, plant material coordinators, aftermarket inventory analysts, division forecast managers, world-wide order services team and suppliers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain sourcing related master data in SAP. (Vendor Master, Material Master, Approved Vendor List, Pricing etc.) Proficiency in SAP strongly desired.
- Manage transactions in SAP to convert requisitions into purchase orders or RFQs on a timely manner with accurate information for all items used by assigned plant(s).
- Interface with assigned plant(s) for first level of expedite. Escalate expedites at appropriate level, track progress on expedites and communicate progress to plant materials.
- Support assigned suppliers with Toro requirements on business compliance and regulations (Country of Origin, CTPAT, EDI, NAFTA, RoHS etc.)
- Collaborate with Commodity Managers, Commodity Buyers and Supplier Quality Engineers to improve performance of suppliers to meet our expectations around avoiding disruptions, reducing inventory levels and meeting demand changes for assigned plant(s).
- Collaborate with plant material planners and schedulers to manage material flow, schedule changes, inventory reduction, line-side presentation and returnable packaging.
- Learn the products manufactured by assigned plant(s) in terms of volume, nature of demand, seasonality, product composition, long lead-time items, suppliers and their locations, transportation time/cost of supplied components etc. to effectively support assigned plant(s).
- All other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Management, Operations, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in materials management preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to effectively and diplomatically interact with and meet customer needs (internal and external)
- Highly self-motivated, ability to work under pressure, manage and prioritize multiple objective concurrently, attend to details, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to analyze situations and accurately take effective actions
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office; SAP experience desired
- Ability to maintain composure during high stress situations, remaining focused on the ultimate objective
- Capacity to work independently as well as within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational, task management skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable, and change priorities and direction as needed, allowing for optimum effectiveness
- Typical office environment as it pertains to lighting, temperature, and noise level when in administrative/operations offices.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and to handle other computer components.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.