Security Systems Technician
$500 SIGN ON BONUS!!!!
The purpose of this position is to install, service, and test electronic security systems including burglar and fire alarms, CCTV, Access Control systems and all related electronic security equipment in residential, commercial, and industrial environments.
Here’s why you want to work here:
- Wages are based on skill level and experience.
- Tool allowance
- Company vehicle and cell phone
- Competitive benefits!
- Technicians are able to earn more money based on individual drive and willingness to learn new tasks.
- Training and field experience is provided to assist you with achieving your goals!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Valid license/good driving record
- Pass background checks and drug tests.
- Must be able to obtain specified licenses/certifications to perform work in the security industry according to the rules and regulations prescribed by the State in which the branch operates.
- High School Graduate or GED is required for all Per Mar Security Services positions.
- Must be able to travel, as needed.
- Must have mathematical skills including ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume along with ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must have knowledge of fire and electrical codes to ensure safe and proper installation of alarm systems and devices.
- Must possess the values important to Per Mar Security – Integrity, Communication, Excellent Service and Accountability.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Install and wire specified alarm system devices.
- Test and verify that all systems and devices installed (alarm panels, sirens, horns, strobes, etc.) function properly and in accordance to manufacturer's specifications.
- Use multimeters for particular volts and OHM readings and circuit analysis.
- Hook up RJ31X to specified panel mountings of particular devices such as motion detectors, keypads, and controls.
- Program alarm systems via programmer or keypad.
- Explain and demonstrate to the customer how the specific alarm system installed works.
- Complete proper paperwork and submit to the appropriate department on a daily basis.
- Communicate with clients, co-workers and Per Mar's Central Monitoring Station.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned by the Installation Supervisor specific to the operation of daily business functions.