DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT
Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is one of the most innovative public media organizations in the country, producing award-winning content on multiple platforms and you could be part of this team. We’re seeking a dynamic Director of Marketing & Audience Development to lead a digital marketing team that supports TPT initiatives. This position initiates, develops and ensures coordinated marketing, digital and audience strategy across teams, channels and projects and is responsible for people and process management within the marketing and audience development team.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads team to create and execute cross channel marketing plans including but not limited to email, website content, social media, traditional and digital advertising, and events.
- Leads, manages, supports, and develops a team of marketing and audience development specialists to leverage their creative and technical expertise in achieving team and organizational strategic goals.
- Works with Marketing staff to develop short and long-range strategies by platform in alignment with department and enterprise goals and key audiences.
- Creatively problem solves to address and prioritize internal and external opportunities and challenges related to Marketing development and execution.
- Serves as primary liaison and central point of contact with content production teams, revenue teams (membership, development, partnerships, sponsorships) and other partners to gather information to ensure direct reports have the information and tools they need to effectively and efficiently execute marketing plans and deliverables. Provides information and clarity to partners on project status and outcomes.
- Manages the planning and execution of overall marketing editorial calendar for TPT products, content verticals and goals.
- Intakes, prioritizes and assigns projects and tasks based on enterprise and marketing goals for self and team.
- Recommends process improvements and strategies to facilitate two-way flow of information and streamlining of marketing functions. Creates best practices, standardized tools, templates, and documentation to support and explain marketing work.
- Leads the management and maintenance of TPT.org website, email and social channels
- Manages marketing and promotional budget for content verticals, making sure all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Measure, analyze, and track KPIs that assess marketing effectiveness across platforms in line with marketing industry and public media standards and delivers ongoing reporting for senior management.
- Create and assess performance benchmarks and goals for individual staff members by platform.
- Provides and supports professional development and skill building for team. Builds culture of continuous learning in line with rapid marketing industry evolution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- 5-7 years of marketing leadership and strategy development, including the development and execution of social and digital campaigns to grow awareness and engagement and/or audience development.
- 3-5 years of management experience with direct reports.
- Experience with marketing content strategy implementation, working with sophisticated editorial calendars and other content management tools.
- Proven experience in change management and working quickly in a cross functional environment.
- Proven experience with email marketing platforms. (ex. Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.).
- Proven experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube).
- Proven experience with CRM systems (Salesforce preferred).
- Proven experience with CMS systems (WordPress preferred).
- Proven experience with Project Management systems (Robohead, Asana, Basecamp) and managing project management in cross functional groups. PMP preferred.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and/or other digital analytics platforms.
- Experience and knowledge on the factors that drive SEO.
- Advanced analytical skills with passion for data and metrics with ability to interpret data and provide recommendations for optimizing marketing strategy and campaigns.
- Ability to work at a computer for sustained periods of time.
To learn more or to apply, please visit our Career Center at http://www.tpt.org/careers/job-openings/ and click the “Apply for Jobs” button.
Twin Cities PBS is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veteran and Disability employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com
ABOUT TPT: Founded in 1957, Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is one of the most innovative public media organizations in the country. Every day, TPT uses the power of media to advance the arts, spur learning, help young people succeed and help adults age vitally. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)