The Minnesota State High School League Mission
The Minnesota State High School League provides educational opportunities for students through interscholastic athletics and fine arts programs, and provides leadership and support for member schools.
The Minnesota State High School League believes in:
- Participation in school activity programs is a privilege and not a right.
- Sportsmanship needs to have a constant presence in all school-based activity programs.
- Students should have an equal opportunity to participate in all activities offered by their school.
- Ethical behavior, dignity and respect are non-negotiable.
- Student participants who choose to be chemically free must be supported.
- Collaborative relationships with parents enhance a school's opportunity to positively impact student success.
- Academic priorities must come before participation in athletic or fine arts activities.
- Positive role models and an active involvement in a student's life by parents and others are critical to student success.
- High school activity programs are designed for student participants, and adults must serve in a supportive role.
- The success of the team is more important than individual honors.
- Compliance with school, community and League rules is essential for all activity participants.
- Participation in school-sponsored activities must be inclusive, not exclusive.
- Ethical behavior, fairness, and embracing diversity best serve students and school communities.
Administrative Assistant Position:
The MSHSL is seeking a full-time staff member primarily responsible for supporting the administration of our athletic and fine arts programming. This position assists in customer service with our member schools, administrators, and coaches. The position exists as part of a team responsible for the management of all aspects of these programs and will report to executive staff responsible for these programs. The ideal candidate has an understanding of MSHSL sponsored activities and athletics and programs, is open to new challenges and has a record of high-quality performance.
Administrative Assistance and Support
- Strategic planning of projects and management of tasks
- Program project management in athletics and activities
- Management of tournament operations
- Support the operation of committees
- Communication with member schools participating in programs
- Assess workflows and practices and work toward improvements
- Team with others to increase efficiencies and effectiveness
School and Public Assistance and Support
- User training/assistance with technology applications and website tools
- Enhance skills of end users through individual or group training
Office Support Tasks
- Prepare documentation and facilitate online and in-person meetings
- Assist with organization-wide projects
- Assist other staff members with projects as assigned
- Education or training beyond a High School Diploma
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Evidence of a team centered approach and exemplary interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and other technologies
- Strong organizational skills, effective time management, and proven ability to manage several projects concurrently
- Values diversity and has the ability to work with and understand people from all cultures, economic strata, and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new skills and advance the use of technology
- Skills in troubleshooting and solution-based approaches
Application Process and Requirements:
Interested applicants should email these items to email@example.com :
- One-page letter expressing interest in MSHSL employment
- Résumé detailing experiences
- Maximum of three letters of reference may be provided
- Up to three additional professional references
Priority given to applications received by June 1, 2021
Interviews will be scheduled the week of June 7, 2021
Fulltime position beginning on or after July 1, 2021
Candidates must pass a criminal background check in order to be eligible for employment
- Medical, dental, term life, and disability insurance
- Sick leave, vacation
- 403(b) retirement plan contribution
- Salary commensurate with professional qualifications, experience and comparable positions
- Other benefits as may be provided by the Board of Directors