Status: Full-time regular
Salary Range: $25.36 - $28.91
Benefits: Qualifies for full benefits package date of hire
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Location: Eden Prairie City Center (8080 Mitchell Road)
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Facilities Manager
The Facilities Division is responsible for the daily operations, preventive maintenance, remodeling and long term maintenance programs of the 30 major facilities owned by the City and spaces leased by the City. Total square footage of these facilities is about 1 million square feet. The major facilities include the City Center, Community Center, Senior Center, Water Plant, Utilities Garage, Maintenance Facility, 4 Fire Stations, Building 51, the Den Road Liquor Store, the Outdoor Center, 12 Park Shelters and 5 Historical Buildings. The leased spaces include 2 of the 3 Liquor Stores and the Housing and Community Services space at the Eden Prairie Mall.
The Facilities Coordinator provides a variety of duties to support the Facilities division including administrative and project support, customer service, file/data management and technical service coordination.
The primary position responsibilities and areas of impact for the Facilities Coordinator are:
- Creates and monitors Facilities Work Orders and Service Requests; assesses type of response required and personally handles request when feasible. Contacts numerous and varied service contractors with service requests and/or reports of problems.
- Develops and maintains positive partnerships with employees, contractors, vendors, and tenants; provides excellent customer service by responding to individuals, businesses and government organizations in a polite, timely and professional manner.
- Creates an exceptional brand experience to the public and co-workers; provides administrative and project planning support for various internal and external events, projects and meetings; coordinates trainings including space and equipment needs; manages invoicing and accounts payable for rental space.
- Coordinates directly with consultants, vendors, and technical services for small projects.
- Ensures effective City-wide communication by creating and distributing weekly Facility Use and Set-Up Reports to various departments and staff, creating and posting weekly Daily Events schedules for display on TV monitor, and taking and distributing notes during bi-weekly Facilities staff meetings.
- Supports division staff by preparing correspondence, creating and posting monthly on-call calendars, updating staff and vendor contact information, coordinating meetings and training events, ordering supplies, delivering mail, and organizing and maintaining division records.
- Ensures effective budget management by coding invoices weekly and forwarding to the division Supervisors/Manager for approval.
- Sets weekly door lock schedule (using Security Management software system) for various City Center doors.
While these areas are the primary focus of this position, we believe strongly in teamwork and employees will be called upon to perform a variety of duties as a part of their role with the City.
City of Eden Prairie Values
We are a service organization. We take pride in what we do. We cultivate a supportive, encouraging and productive culture with a strong customer focus. We promote wellness and plan work/life balance into our goals. We value differences and foster inclusion. We achieve success by exhibiting our core values: collaboration, innovation, integrity, performance and relationships.
Education: Associates degree required.
Work Experience: Minimum of three years office administrative experience required; up to two years of experience in a facilities or property management related role is preferred.
Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) required; strong organizational skills; extensive experience in Microsoft Office applications preferred.
Physical Requirements: Physical efforts are strictly an office environment. The office environment includes some minor lifting, walking, operating office equipment, presentation equipment, and extended use of a keyboard.
Working Conditions: Most office work involves extensive use of computers and occasion travel to meetings or errands outside the office.
Position Specific Expectations
Accountability: Follows through on commitments; focuses on appropriate tasks throughout the shift; takes responsibilities for actions both as an individual and on behalf of the organization; actions and words are in sync; follows all policies and procedures; maintains confidentiality; is prepared and punctual to all scheduled shifts.
Communication: Able to convey a message to get a point across; communicates in a clear and concise manner; able to write clearly and succinctly; tailors message to a variety of communication settings and styles.
Composure: Exhibits self-confidence and asserts self appropriately in several different situations; maintains professionalism while under pressure; can handle stress; energized by tough challenges.
Attention to Detail: Able to find errors in work and solve problems; anticipates issues and performs at a high level of accuracy; sets up systems to ensure errors are not repeated.
Organization: Ability to coordinate several activities, responsibilities, and tasks simultaneously in a polite and professional manner; prioritizes what needs to get done; keeps things neat and orderly; utilizes tools for efficiency; factors several considerations when planning; establishes methods to ensure routine tasks are completed.
City of Eden Prairie Pre-employment Process
The City of Eden Prairie conducts the following pre-employment checks for this position:
- Professional Reference Checks
- Criminal History Check
All final candidates must successfully complete and pass the City’s evaluation of the pre-employment process before their first day of employment.
Post Date: May 17th, 2021
Application Deadline: June 2nd, 2021 at 4:00 PM
First Round Interviews (Virtual): June 9th and 10th
Second Round Interviews (In- Person): June 22nd, 2021
Pre-Employment Processes: June – July 2021
Anticipated Start Date: August 9th, 2021