The Systems Administrator is a technical position responsible for implementation, integration, support, documentation, and administration of business critical systems in the SAP and Workday environments and related systems architecture. Support and development of integrations created using Workday’s integration tools including Workday Studio.
Maintains ownership of multiple systems and services and is accountable for the general support of those systems including upgrades, enhancements, and integration with other systems. Acts as a technical resource in partnership with the HRIS team to develop, troubleshoot, and support Workday integrations with other systems. Works independently or as a member of a team to provide technical and analytical support and consulting on projects. Communicates regularly with business stakeholders regarding enhancement development, support work, and may also be called on to oversee projects associated with the owned system(s). The Systems Administrator demonstrates an understanding of how software behaves to deploy, configure, and troubleshoot systems. Additionally, the Administrator researches new technologies and leverages optimization techniques to ensure that systems operate efficiently.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the HRIS Team, SAP Architect, Enterprise Architects, SAP Basis Team, project teams, and business units to assist with the design, delivery, and support of solutions to meet business requirements.
- Provide both leadership and technical skills to effectively and efficiently communicate technical terms and direction in a way that is easily understood by IT staff and business customers
- Responsible for managing the support of the business critical systems including Workday integrations, system modifications, and maintenance.
- Monitoring services and applications as appropriate
- Diagnoses and resolves advanced technical issues, conducts root-cause analysis, demonstrates consistent level of accuracy with problem resolution
- Performs firmware, operating systems, and application upgrades and patches
- Participate in disaster recovery tests and planning
- Ability to work flexible schedules, on-call support, occasional after-hours projects and upgrades
- Follow change management policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly, and interact with all levels of employees and management, accurately and concisely through oral and in written presentations
- Ability to provide detailed documentation of work and environment
- Provide analysis and proposals that coincide with a technological vision
- Ability to organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction
- Work is assigned and performed under minimum supervision from the Manager, SAP Services, or a Sr. or Lead Systems Administrator
- Travel Requirements: Occasional. Less than 5%
Education and Experience: Associates degree in Information Technology or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and minimum of 4+ years of experience in system administration. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration is a plus. Experience developing and supporting Workday integrations preferred.
- Ability to apply organizational awareness in systems, business, and data processes to translate business and system requirements and objectives into systems deliverables
- Manage the portfolio of systems and the life-cycles of the systems, including project roadmap and change management
- Excellent analytical, investigation, and problem-solving skills
- Vendor management & working with third-party vendors & consultants on developing system-specific skills
- Knowledge of conceptual and logical modeling
Applicable Applications Experience:
- Strong understanding and knowledge of various databases, operating systems, middleware, business applications and web servers.
- Workday, SAP ECC 6.0, Kronos, Ariba
- SQL, Oracle
- Apache Tomcat, IIS
- Understanding of web applications, services, and authentication methods
- XML, XSLT, REST
- SOAP, Odata
- SAML2, OAuth
- Active Directory
- Demonstrated experience managing system implementations
At The Toro Company, our core enterprise systems include SAP ECC 6.0 ERP, Workday, and Salesforce.
IT Organization Specific Competencies
- Customer Service: Takes action to resolve customer problems or concerns in a timely manner that exceeds normal expectations. Makes self fully available, especially when customer is going through a critical period. Keeps customers up-to-date about progress of projects or problems/issue resolution activities. Maintains clear communication with the customer regarding mutual expectations and monitors customer satisfaction
- Communication: Communicates in a manner that conveys credibility and confidence that he/she will deliver on the customer’s needs. Interacts closely with the customer to understand his needs or requirements (e.g., asks intelligent questions, verifies understanding of issues).
- Teamwork: Encourages and supports others to perform their jobs more effectively (e.g., provides advice, tools and/or resources). Actively facilitates group processes during team meetings; encourages participation from all team members.
- Knowledge Application: Demonstrates a deep understanding of emerging technologies and trends that could impact the field and the business. Identifies the adoption of external best practices regarding technology application.
- Business Acumen: Drives toward the achievement of business results in a manner that focuses on profit, service, and value provided to the customer and business. Applies knowledge of IT industry and key external environment changes (e.g., market trends, technology, global factors) to advise customers and provide forward reaching solutions.
- Flexibility: Alters normal procedures to eliminate lateral roadblocks to get a job done and/or meet a customer request.
- Problem Solving: Makes complex ideas or situations clear, simple, and/or understandable. Assembles ideas, issues, and observations into a clear and useful explanation. Restates existing observations or knowledge in a simpler fashion.
- Initiative: Takes or directs persistent, repeated and varied actions to overcome technical or people obstacles, rejection or failure. Sustains action bias over a long period, even in the face of adversity. Sees barriers as challenges or opportunities. Acts as a model for initiative to others by consistently pushing the performance envelope.
- Professional Development: Consistently seeks to develop self and skills needed to be prepared for future opportunities and be among the best in his/her field. Constantly challenges self to significantly improve job-related capabilities; communicates these expectations so that he/she is held accountable.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.