Exmark - Electronics Test Technician
1 day left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Become a member of a dynamic test and design team responsible for designing, prototyping, documenting, troubleshooting, repairing, and testing autonomous/mechatronic/electrical/electronic systems and components. Work with project teams to develop solutions to design and test objectives. Supports test and design staff by troubleshooting and repairing electrical issues on products, equipment, and test instrumentation. Responsible for tracking and performing maintenance, repair, and calibration process for test devices ensuring compliance with industry best practices.
Hours: 7am-3:30pm M-F, but hours vary with projects and overtime
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate and interface with team of test engineers, test specialists, test technicians, designers, design engineers, manufacturing and quality engineers to perform product qualification tests.
- Qualify components associated with electrical/electronic systems for use on products. Components may include: solid state, mechanical switches, sensors, actuators, wiring harnesses, analog and digital devices, circuit boards, microprocessors and other special assemblies.
- Test, troubleshoot, and repair electrical systems on products, test equipment and instrumentation to support test and design needs.
- Perform functional evaluation of prototypes. Document the results of the evaluation through formal reports. Evaluate field failures to determine root cause. Work with suppliers to further evaluate failed components.
- Gather pertinent data on the electrical performance of products and prototypes under prescribed field and laboratory conditions.
- Track instrumentation inventory, perform internal calibration or outsource to external calibration houses inventory of all test instruments ensuring NIST traceability and compliance with industry best practices.
- Operate HIL test stand utilizing proprietary LabVIEW test bench to qualify new electronics hardware and new software on hardware. Assist trouble shooting software and embedded controllers.
- Assist in design, development, and construction of specialized test fixtures and test stands to evaluate proposed design concepts.
- Installation of software on systems and embedded controllers.
- Identify and propose methods of system simplification and standardization to reduce cost or improve processes.
- Develop and document test procedures to create standardized work and train others.
- Use a wide range of tools including data acquisition, oscilloscopes, computers, various software programs, and instrumentation to perform duties.
- Less than 10% travel expected to test sites, distributors, customers, vendors, manufacturing facilities, and other locations.
- Knowledge and experience with mechanical systems including engines and hydraulics is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with functional safety standards related to electric drive systems and related controllers is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of LabVIEW and CAN J1939 preferred.
- 2 year associates degree in electrical or mechatronic related field required or demonstrate relevant experience preferred.
- 4 year electrical/electronic/mechatronic related bachelor’s degree preferred.