Shelf-Sales Assessment Solutions Representative
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Req #188Monday, May 24, 2021 DRC is one of the largest educational assessment and curriculum/instruction companies in the industry.
Job Title: Assessment Solutions Representative .
Location: NY, PA Territory
Reports to: VP, Sales
This is a sales position. The Assessment Solutions Representative (ASR) promotes and sells Data Recognition Corporation assessment products and services (pre-K through adult) via telephone, email contact, and through web-based presentation tools. The ASR works independently and in conjunction with inside sales representatives in order to achieve a sales quota established for assigned territory. Sales functions include, but are not limited to, prospecting, qualifying leads, converting and closing opportunities, and giving presentations to customers. Travel within territory exceeds 50% in addition to attendance at national and regional sales meetings or other customer events as needed.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Communicating with school districts and identifying assessment needs
- Supporting educators in the use of DRC solutions
- Creating territory business plans
- Tracking revenue to consistently achieve assigned revenue goals
- Inputting data in Customer Relationship Management platform, currently SalesForce.com
- Planning and executing customer events such as user groups and product presentations
- Attending local and state-level assessment meetings
- Monitoring district contracts
- Providing feedback to product management and sales teams to evaluate assessment solutions for use in the current, competitive market
- Demonstrate adept sales and presentation skills.
- Design and implement a territory management strategy including, but not limited to the following: calls into current accounts, cold calls into target accounts, inbound lead management, customer presentations (via web and in person), and identifying and implementing marketing campaigns.
- Manage & grow revenue in existing accounts.
- Prospect and develop revenue in new accounts.
- Produce qualified leads from outbound cold calling and marketing campaigns.
- Efficiently and effectively follow-up with and manage all leads and opportunities (phone, web, referral, self-generated, etc.)
- Proactively close converted opportunities by keeping the sales process moving forward.
- Thorough understanding of assessment results and their impact on instruction.
- Knowledge of the education market as it relates to standards, assessments, and other current trends in education.
- Experience assisting districts in understanding student achievement.
- Proficient with education technology and demonstrating testing tools and engines.
- Familiarity with various perspectives of online testing.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning and forecasting sales activity.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in delivering stand up and or virtual presentations utilizing full suite of available technology to support messaging.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, both verbally and electronically, to transmit information accurately and clearly and to proactively seek feedback while remaining sensitive to customer needs.
- Advanced proficiency in persuading and influencing customers to make a purchase.
- Advanced proficiency in developing and retaining strong virtual working relationships with Customers, Partners & Employees
- Advanced proficiency in using technology and associated software tools – MS Office Suite; web based presentation tools; sales contact management systems – i.e., SalesForce.com
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision is essential.
- Superior proficiency in time management and organizational discipline.
- Advanced written and creative layout/graphical skills required to produce marketing campaign collateral.
- Superior proficiency in creating effective solutions to problem solving to achieve customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years successful sales in the education industry and/or assessment products experience required.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time.
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
DRC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.Data Recognition Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V and prospective employees will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, protected veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class. Other details Job Family Project/Sales Services Pay Type Salary Travel Required Yes Travel % 50 Telecommute % 100 Required Education Bachelor’s Degree Job Start Date Tuesday, June 1, 2021 Apply Now