Ventrac - Weld Assistant, 1st shift
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Hours:1st shift 5am-2:30pm (M-F) end times may vary with overtime
Perform cleaning operations (scratch, scale & weld spatter removal, etc.) on parts post-weld. This position will work closely with a trained welder to develop skills to become a production welder.
This position will begin as a weld assistant to learn welding, parts inspection, etc. but is expected to become a robot or hand welder once trained. Training times will vary.
- Lift and position workpieces, manually or with hoists, and secure them tables for the cleaning process
- Identifying bad welds and fixing the welds
- Participate in weld training program as set up for Weld Assistants
- Ability to learn weld techniques and robot operation
- Minimum high school diploma, GED or equivalent school with relevant work experience
- Maintain high safety standards and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift at least 40 lbs. regularly and bend, squat, walk or stand for extended periods of time
- 1+ years of metal finishing
Ventrac is a growth-oriented company located in Orrville, Ohio. Our team is dedicated to excellence through innovation, a strong work ethic and quality workmanship. Join the Ventrac Team who feels passionate about the products we build for outdoor grounds management professionals. We are known for our fantastic culture of respect and collaboration, which can be measured by our low turnover , open communication and the excitement in the air.
We believe our employees are truly the most valuable asset. We not only believe that, we make decisions that align with that concept. We are dedicated to attracting and developing a diverse team of individuals who are committed to the success of our team at Ventrac. Ventrac is a Division of The Toro Company.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.