Ventrac - Hand Welder, 3rd shift
5 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Hours: Third shift, M-Th 6:30pm-5am, hours may vary with overtime
This position requires a person to set up, operate, and/or tend hand-welding machines to produce weldments. This person must pay high attention to detail and work under limited supervision. This job involves collaborating with other team members to help meet department goals and objectives.
- Read and conform to schematics, drawings and other work instructions
- Set up jobs by selecting appropriate fixtures, weld patterns, components, programs, tooling, etc.
- Operate welding equipment and monitor gauges/appearance of the weld stitches while tuning things to optimize the welding process for quality and efficiency
- Conduct quality checks by inspecting, operating and testing your finished products/processes to specifications
- Minimum 1-3 years of welding training / experience
- Maintain high safety standards and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to read, understand and follow established schematics, drawings, and other work instructions
- Have basic working knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs. regularly and bend, squat, walk or stand for long periods of time
- 3+ years of welding experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent school with relevant work experience
Ventrac is a growth-oriented company located in Orrville, Ohio. Our team is dedicated to excellence through innovation, a strong work ethic and quality workmanship. Join the Ventrac Team who feels passionate about the products we build for commercial lawn care use. We are known for our fantastic culture of respect and collaboration, which can be measured by our low turnover , open communication and the excitement in the air.
We believe our employees are truly the most valuable asset. We not only believe that, we make decision that align with that concept. We are dedicated to attracting and developing a diverse team of individuals who are committed to the success of our team at Ventrac. Ventrac is a Division of The Toro Company. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.