5 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
A dual role in the Vision Clinic where the individual is responsible for front desk support as well as direct patient care. The individual will work at the Vision Clinic front desk greeting patients, answering phone calls, and scheduling patient appointments. Additionally, the individual will provide direct patient care including: assisting the Optometrist with all eye exam elements (gathering medical information, pre-testing, and ancillary testing), assisting with eyewear selection, and providing contact lens training.
- Assists the Optometrist in the examination and evaluation of new patients by performing preliminary examination procedures frequently using various instruments to gather information, gathering health history information, and other relevant medical information.
- Assists patients with complete process of ordering glasses. Helps patient select eyewear, choose appropriate lens options, enters order into Vision Web, checks-in finished product, and dispenses to patient. Completes adjustments as needed. Orders contact lenses and verifies order prior to dispensing to patient. Provides instruction on proper use and care of contact lenses.
- Gather and maintain confidential patient information to ensure accurate records for medical reasons and billing purposes.
- Respond to all patient calls and requests, and under the direction of the Optometrist also may respond to requests from other health care providers.
- Meet with frame reps to assist in selecting inventory for clinic.
- Monitors medical supplies and equipment to ensure adequate supplies are on hand and ordered as needed, and medical equipment is serviced or repaired as needed.
- Schedules patient appointments and assist them with information as needed.
- May be requested to travel and assist in the treatment of patients through the SMSC Mobile Unit.
- Complies with HIPAA rules and maintains all patient information confidentially and securely.
Days Monday - Friday Hiring Rate or Hiring Range 1. Based on Qualifications Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of optical experience.
- Good computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as other business related software as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must hold and maintain Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. If not CPR certified upon hire, must obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
- On feet or standing 75% of time.