Measurement Research Associates - Sr. Psychometrician
Req #191Wednesday, May 26, 2021 DRC is one of the largest educational assessment and curriculum/instruction companies in the industry.
The Senior Psychometrician, Licensure and Certification is responsible for overseeing the design, development and maintenance of large-scale licensure and certification assessments. Incumbent will work with licensure and certification clients that have retained DRC’s test development and psychometric services, collaborating with each client to determine testing program needs and desired outcomes and identifying how DRC’s psychometric solutions match their unique program’s needs. A successful candidate will demonstrate significant understanding of best practices in assessment design and development, and measurement theory, and show evidence of being able to successfully partner with licensure and certification clients.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Ensure that psychometric practices are implemented and documented consistently to meet industry standards and that quality assurance criteria, project schedules and deadlines are met.
- Manage Licensure and Certification client relationships and scopes of work that include all phases of the assessment development process including item and test analyses, test equating, standard setting, score reporting and technical reports.
- Partner with clients on reliability and validity studies and other psychometric activities to support our clients, the medical and dental specialty boards.
- Facilitate meetings with subject matter experts/examination committees.
- Represent DRC at industry conferences, preparing and delivering presentations to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Lead and create licensure and certification psychometric content for RFP responses.
- Contribute as an integral member of DRC’s licensure and certification team.
- Assist with other Special Projects or teams at DRC as needed.
- Doctoral degree preferred (Ph.D.) however Master’s Degree in educational measurement, psychological measurement, evaluation, assessment or a related field with an emphasis on psychometrics. Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5 + years of experience in the psychometric, measurement, analytics or high-stakes testing industry required.
- Experience in the development and scoring of examinations for certification in the healthcare field is referred.
- Experience managing client relations for large-scale assessments.
- Previous experience conducting standard settings.
- Experience working with complex data structures and manipulating and summarizing large quantities of data.
- Working knowledge of statistical theory with an emphasis on Rasch models, many-facet Rasch, research methodologies, and applied measurement.
- Proven ability to lead internal and external teams and complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Exemplary communication skills, oral and written, and outstanding relationship building skills.
- Ability to simplify complex information and communicate to a wide range of audiences.
- Proficiency with computer programs and applications including MS Office, database management and data manipulation is required. Knowledge and demonstrated use of and statistical software (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R, Winsteps or other IRT software) is required.
- Ability to write detailed documentation and RFP responses.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels of the organization.
Essential Job Requirements:
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
DRC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.Data Recognition Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V and prospective employees will receive consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, age, protected veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class. Other details Job Family Administration Pay Type Salary Required Education Doctorate Job Start Date Tuesday, June 15, 2021 Apply Now