Deputy Human Resources Director
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Hennepin County is seeking a Deputy Human Resources (HR) Director to provide leadership to a range of comprehensive services for nearly 9,000 employees in six lines of business - Disparities Reduction, Health, Human Services, Public Safety, Public Works and Operations. The work of our organization focuses on effectively serving the residents of Hennepin County. This position will champion the county's Total Rewards philosophy of benefits, pay and culture ensuring employee programs and experiences are managed in a leading, progressive and employee-centered fashion.
Hennepin County has declared racism as a public health crisis; the Deputy Human Resources Director will provide strategy development, future planning and oversight of HR work on disparities reduction and alignment of HR programs with the countywide disparities reduction initiative. This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is futuristic, uses a strengths-based approach to leading teams, customer focused, drives innovation and strategy in a changing environment, thrives in and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
About the position type: This position is full-time, benefit-earning and is one of two Deputy Human Resources Directors reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
SALARY $91,119.54 - $144,595.62 Annually
Hiring process: You must attach a resume and cover letter as part of your application materials. First review of applications will begin on June 7, 2021 with a desired start date of early August.
Location and hours: The permanent working location for this position will be remote. Once the COVID-19 emergency declaration is lifted, some work may be performed on-site. Core hours will be Monday through Friday and may vary based on business needs.
For more important information about the role and about Hennepin County, please click here:
In this position, you will:
• Perform expert level managerial work providing long range planning, strategy development, direction and development in the Human Resources Department.
• Assist the Chief Human Resources Officer in executing the department and countywide human resources vision, mission, and goals with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Lead the HR Senior Leadership Team in the development and execution of the strategic plan for Human Resources.
• Support and advance the diversity, equity, inclusion, and engagement strategies by recommending, developing and implementing initiatives that support the retention of employees and promote cultural awareness and inclusion for all employees.
• Serve on the HR Senior Leadership team and champion HR Leadership team development.
• Lead and direct the activities of assigned teams/divisions, including selection, development, assignment and evaluation of performance.
• Experience managing division leaders, significant staff numbers and budgetary responsibility.
• Serve as the CHRO’s primary liaison to the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Communications departments, as well as Gartner and IPMA-HR.
• Advise and make recommendations to the Chief Human Resources Officer; align and coordinate Chief Human Resources Officer responses.
• Coordinate provision of information and responses to County Administration and the County Board.
• On behalf of the CHRO, represent the department and organization on boards, committees, panels and presentations to employees, the community and the media.
Need to have:
• One of the following:
o Bachelor's degree in business administration or other field appropriate to the position and six or more years of experience managing human resources programs and strategies across a large and values led organization.
o Ten or more years of experience managing human resources programs and strategies across a large and values led organization
Nice to have:
o In the administration and management of human resources programs.
o Integrating equity, diversity and inclusion into strategic initiatives.
o Evaluating current and proposed programs and identifying areas of potential improvement.
o Leading multiple teams concurrently.
o Developing budget and staffing strategies in alignment with organizational goals.
o Leading the improvement of human resources service delivery through the use of human resources/personnel data and data analytics.
• Vision and ability to anticipate future trends, assess impact of issues and display a systems thinking approach.
• Ability to inspire effective team building, development and motivation of staff, and successful conflict management.
• Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with governing boards, local, state, and federal policy makers, intergovernmental agencies, and community leaders.
• Professional experience working directly with governing boards and/or elected officials.
• Ability to communicate complex concepts verbally, in writing, and in presentations to elected officials, County Administration and department leaders.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community. Your future. Made here.
This position may have access to systems or other documentation that contains HIPAA data. Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.
If you need assistance to actively participate in the employment process, please email us at HR.ServiceCenter@hennepin.us or call us at 612.348.7855. Hennepin County provides equal access to employment, programs and services without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex (except when sex is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, public assistance or national origin.