Field Test Operator
Toro thrives on innovation. This rich legacy is alive every day as we strive to develop exciting new products and technologies to improve performance, productivity and efficiency.
At Toro we are hiring a Field Test Operator to add to our team of exciting Field test technicians.
The Field Test Operator performs a variety of field test duties including: operating prototype and production field test units, visually inspects units, basic daily logs on machines, and general maintenance of the units. Either will lead a group of employees for daily work or able to work independently reporting findings of machine operation to the Supervisor and/or Technicians at the Field Test Site.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Personally operates and evaluates Toro prototype, Toro production, and competitive units in field testing as required. Able to operate multiple equipment platforms that Toro produces and evaluates, i.e. walk behind, ride-on (sit and stand-on), hand-held, etc.
2. Maintain basic logsheet entries, as requested, on machine operation and/or report back any findings to the Supervisor and/or Technician at the Field Test Sites.
3. May be required to lead a group of temporary employees conducting a field test program in all seasons and maintain logs for all units under the lead position.
4. Educate new operators of proper use and operation of equipment and PPE used during testing.
5. Supports Field Site Technicians, as needed, with repairs or equipment rework
6. May be required to drive a vehicle (Toro-owned or personal) to remote site for evaluation of product
7. May be required to drive forklift
8. Must maintain machines under test as prescribed by Test Plan, e.g. washing daily, checking basic functions, etc.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supports the Product Evaluation Test Sites
- Must work independently knowing the areas to evaluate the products and the requirements of the host site in those areas.
- May need to communicate with the host site personnel as needs change for the day.
- Must report back unit issues immediately to the Field Test Site Supervisor/Engineer and/or Technicians.
- Does not discipline in the lead role, only reports to Site Supervisor/Engineer.
- May need to communicate with Management, Design Engineer, Designers, Test Engineers, or Test Technicians on unit performance in either written or oral form.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Proven Leadership Capabilities
• Core skills training in basic math and measuring tools
• Ability to orally communicate effectively with Test Site Supervisor/Engineer
• Ability to understand and interpret written and oral procedures
• Must be in good physical condition and may be required to lift up to 45 lbs repetitively
BENEFITS: Employees are eligible for benefits the first of the month following their hire date.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- and more!
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.