PROGRAM SUPPORT SPECIALIST
PROGRAM SUPPORT SPECIALIST – FULL-TIME
Legal Services State Support (State Support) is seeking a full-time Program Support Specialist to work at its St. Paul office. State Support is a project of the Minnesota Legal Services Coalition (MLSC) and is housed within Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (MMLA). State Support is a nationally recognized organization whose mission is to improve access to justice for all Minnesotans. State Support’s office does not represent clients but focuses on leveraging technology to improve legal education and help legal aid programs in Minnesota reach more clients. For more information, please visit www.mnlegalservices.org.
We are currently working remotely and may continue to do so indefinitely. This position is hybrid and requires at least one day per week in the office. This position will start as soon as possible after a candidate is hired.
- Apply the principles of MMLA’s Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions
- Organize office administration while supporting several key projects
- Coordinate training logistics and recordkeeping, including for the biennial Statewide Conference
- This position will lead all logistics related to the Statewide Conference, which is attended by 250+ people.
- Assist the Education for Justice Coordinator with annual updates and translations of the self-help library on www.LawHelpMN.org
- Manage mailings of outreach materials and other publications
- Administer an online staff directory of civil legal services providers in Minnesota
- Monitor mail, general email inquiries, and phone to respond to requests from the public and partner organizations
- Track revenue, expenses, and sales tax for products and services we sell
- Help LawHelpMN.org visitors find resources via LiveChat
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to access to justice
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in a collaborative environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects with strict deadlines
- Self-motivated and can work independently without direct supervision
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office required
- Experience adding and formatting website content preferred (particularly Drupal and Squarespace)
- Event planning experience preferred
- Diverse economic, social, and cultural experiences preferred
- Language proficiency (particularly Spanish, Hmong, Somali, or Karen) preferred
SALARY: $31,546 to $46,747 per year, depending on experience, plus benefits
APPLICATIONS: Submit resume and cover letter at www.mylegalaid.org/employment by June 18th, 2021, or until position is filled. Please include at least two references in your application.
No calls please.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.