Lead Banquet Houseperson
Applies high guest service standards. Performs set-up and tear-down of banquet and hotel meeting rooms.
- Report all activities pertaining to the Banquet set up to the Assistant Banquet Manager. Assist management to inspect and ensure accurate and efficient scheduling and communication of scheduling to meet flexible demands. Act as a working supervisor to ensure housemen are properly completing all assigned duties. Responsible for all banquet operations in the absence of upper management.
- Check orders for daily set up and service. Assess and determine function requirements. Organize, review and assign to all team members. Moves tables, chairs and other equipment to specific locations according to specifications of scheduled banquet functions, including hotel room function areas.
- Review and comprehend necessary banquet related documentation.
- Maintains banquet storage area, hallways and working spaces to ensure cleanliness, organization and inventory levels.
- Complete weekly checklist on repairs and maintenance needed for banquet/meeting rooms. Request maintenance on equipment to ensure it is in good working order.
- Performs teardown and storage upon completion of banquet function.
- Occasional tasks.
- Six months of previous experience in a hotel, restaurant or guest service environment.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English.