Event Services Manager
Job Description Areas of Responsibility:
Consistently apply and live the Purpose, Vision, and Values (PVV) in every interaction.
Monday - Friday, TBD - based on business needs
Hiring Rate or Hiring Range
1. Based on Qualifications
Reflects MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATION and EXPERIENCE required in order to meet the expectations of this job:
- Process Execution
- Event Operations
- Client Relationships
- Industry Knowledge, Business Acumen and Brand Reputation
- Client and Enterprise Communication
- Management and Leadership
- Purpose, Vision, and Values
- Understand contract requirements to ensure ESE and supporting departments execute the contractual commitments.
- Ensure all information relevant to the successful execution of the contracted event is clearly communicated to supporting departments.
- Ensure the client invoicing is accurate and presented to the client in a timely manner. Ensure open communication with the accounting department to support timely payment.
- Support ESE in the execution of event for quests deemed as complex or requiring executive level approvals.
- Oversee and manage aspects of Event Operations while understanding the needs of client requests and challenges those needs preset to Enterprise operation teams and support ESE in finding solutions to those needs.
- Analyze complex banquet orders and group resumes to ensure efficient set-up and flawless execution.
- Research and develop strategies which identify opportunities for growth. Manage daily operations, ensuring successful events, fluid communications between internal departments, fellow departments and external resources.
- Ensure that profit/revenue goals are met and established standards of quality and service are maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing client relationships to support and establish hotel occupancy while increasing brand awareness throughout the community and meetings and events industry.
- Responsible for driving guest loyalty by delivering excellent service throughout each guest experience.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and prospective clients to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, catering/banquet services and other ancillary revenues.
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive relationship with client regardless of challenging circumstances that may arise during the planning and execution of event.
- Ability to guide client in decisions that are appropriate for the attendees as well as the Enterprise.
- Knowledge of market trends and competition with the ability to support AE to share/shift business.
- Develop and promote casino/hotel brand awareness by traveling to and attending industry events, tradeshows, and feeder markets to find and secure business.
- Ability to prepare cost estimates, resumes, reports, diagrams, BEOs as well as train team members in these areas.
- Understand and ability to guide and train team members to successfully execute large conventions, tradeshows and meetings that require multiple room changes and extensive food and beverage.
- Knowledge of menu creation, pricing and food and beverage trends.
- Budget and forecast.
- Leadership skills to guide and motivate a team with a strong acumen to train team members to work through the management of an event that will deliver exceptional guest experience that supports budget goals.
- Display a high level of business acumen, project management and proficient decision making abilities when determining the execution of an event and the effects on client, attendees and supporting departments.
- Proactively, effectively, and professionally communicate within and across all departments to strengthen relationships between team members and support a collaborative and positive working environment.
- Influence clients and sell the features of the Gaming Enterprise through polished and professional verbal and written communication as well as formal presentations.
- Provide leadership to the day-to-day operations of the Event Services Department, while maintaining focus on the business goals.
- Establish performance goals for the department and monitor performance on a continual basis Train, develop, performance management and discipline of Event Services Executives while supporting and guiding the Banquet Department in delivering a successful event.
- Provide strategic input to elevate the guest experience and achieve financial success.
- Establish and implement short and long term goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs and results.
- 7 or more years of combined post-secondary education in sales, marketing, hospitality or related course work and/or convention/meeting management experience including one year of supervising convention/meeting management and event staff. Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales/Marketing, or related preferred.
- 5 or more years of convention/meeting management experience.
- Excellent PC knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products and catering software management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with a diverse group of people.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently and to prioritize and organize multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of safety and fire codes.
- Valid driver's license may be required with good driving record and reliable transportation.