ASL Lab Coordinator
The American Sign Language ( ASL ) and Interpreting Department at St. Catherine University invites applications for a Lab Coordinator position. This is a regular, part-time position.
Our ASL and Interpreting Department is nationally recognized for its ability to prepare undergraduate students for work with deaf communities, including preparation for certification for those who aim to work as interpreters. The department is comprised of diverse faculty members, reflecting our diverse student body. Applicants should be prepared to work collaboratively to support students who are passionate about social justice and plan to use their training to lead and influence. The Lab Coordinator works half-time while school is in session.
- Familiarize students to the ASL lab experience, including establishing a safe, supporting learning environment conducted solely in ASL
- Designs and implements various language instruction and immersion objectives and experiences both face to face (on-campus) and virtually appropriate to ASL proficiency practice
- Edit video material for lab instructional activities
- Maintain a direct line of communication with course instructors and the ASL program coordinator
- Provides 1:1 students feedback on understanding Deaf culture and ASL language concepts discussed in their classes
- Communicate respectfully and build relationships of trust with people of all cultures and abilities, affirming the worth and preserving the dignity of individuals, families, and communities
St. Catherine University in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation's largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Documented ASLPI score of 4 or above OR SLPI : ASL score of superior
- Experience using video editing programs
- Bachelor's degree in Deaf Studies, ASL Studies, or related field
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity, and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-690-6565.
Application instructions for STAFF
Visit St. Kate Careers to apply. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Justin Small at email@example.com . Application deadline is July 14, 2021.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.