The Plant Supervisor will oversee all daily operations of the plant from manufacturing and shipping/receiving to ensuring policies and processes are followed.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of company products.
- Maintain operations data such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
- Schedule parts and jobs based off of master production schedule.
- Ensure quality standards are met.
- Meet customer requirements through quality and on time shipments.
- Create and maintain existing assembly work instructions to provide quality documentation for product assembly.
- Set up production cells using lean manufacturing techniques.
- Implement lean manufacturing techniques throughout production process.
- Assist as backup for all areas of the shop.
- Assure all product gets crated and shipped on schedule.
- Assure all incoming product is put away on shelves in a timely matter.
- Supervise all production/shipping & receiving employees.
- Provide leadership to employees through effective hiring, evaluation, development, and recognition to enable maximum contribution to company objectives.
- Monitor workload and department performance and provide work direction to ensure department goals are met.
- Train or identify training needs.
- Train, monitor and enforce adherence to company policy as set out in the Employee Handbook.
- Provide assistance to production personal for all facets related to manufacturing and shipping of product. Provide training to new hire production personnel.
- Manage building and equipment maintenance.
- Develop budgets for supplies and materials ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Monitor Engineering Change Notices to determine if stock needs to be scrapped, reworked, etc. per changes released. Take appropriate actions.
- Identify and select necessary shop supplies, hardware, tools etc. Monitor inventory levels to assure their availability. Requisition materials as needed.
- Provide feedback to Design Engineering to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost and time to manufacture product.
- Willing to help out in all areas when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-7 years previous experience in supervising 10 or more employees in a job shop environment.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Execution-oriented with proven ability to understand expectations and deliver results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate information and create analytical approaches to achieve results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills to facilitate team building and development.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Requires an accomplished background supervising employee’s in a manufacturing setting with an emphasis on cultivating a team-centered environment and hold associates accountable for results.
- Must be proficient in machining, punch, break press and welding processes. Prior experience in doing these processes.
- Degree in Business, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Quality experience.
Located in Brooklyn Park, MN, Engage Technologies is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey, AFM, and Cogent. Squid Ink is a manufacturer of coding and marking systems and fluids for product identification and traceability. Eastey is a manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink-packaging equipment. AFM is a manufacturer and supplier of heavy-duty shrink sleeve labeling equipment, shrink tunnels, and shrink sleeve consumables. Cogent manufactures infrared drying systems used to dry ink in the industrial and graphics industries.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Engage Technologies is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.