Gustavus Adolphus College -Saint Peter Minnesota
Gustavus Adolphus College invites applications for an Exempt (salaried) Executive Chef in the Dining Service. Work days per week and hours per day dependent upon business needs.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance and more
- Employee and family tuition benefit
- Retirement plan with 7% employer contribution after 1 year of service
- Generous vacation benefit including 13 paid holidays per year
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Advanced culinary arts training/certification
- 10 years progressive chef experience including at least 5 years as Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef
- PC knowledge and familiarity with Windows based software applications
- 10 years restaurant, hotel, or institutional foodservice management experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Select, train, evaluate and schedule all Dining Service food production staff
- Manage large production staff including cooks, bakers, and servers
- Proven leader and positive role model
- Creative menu planning and cost-effective purchasing and inventory management
- Maintains MN Certified Food Manager status
- Works closely with Assistant Director – Operations, Assistant Director – Catering, Purchasing Manager, Head Baker, and Dining Service Office Manager
- Continuous program development and improvement for a Nationally Ranked and Award-Winning residential dining program and catering service
Gustavus Adolphus College is one of the nation’s leading private liberal arts colleges serving over 2,200 students. The College aspires to be a community of persons from diverse backgrounds who respect and affirm the dignity of all people. Known for its strong science, writing, music, athletics, study-away, and service-learning programs, Gustavus is located on a scenic 340-acre hill in St. Peter, Minnesota only one hour southwest of the Twin Cities.
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process on our website, https://gustavus.edu/employment/job/1874 to complete the online application. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Anticipated start date early August 2021.
Gustavus Adolphus College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status in its education or employment programs or activities.
Click on the following link to learn more about Gustavus's campus-wide commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Steve Kjellgren I Associate Vice President, Auxiliary Services
email@example.com I 507.933.7601