Up to $6,000 stay on Bonus! Diesel Mechanics
Walters Recycling & Refuse, Inc. is currently hiring for MECHANICS!
****STAY-ON BONUS Available up to $6,000!!****
Apply today to join the Walters Team!
Walters is a leading provider of waste collection and recycling services to both the public and private sectors in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. We are a family-owned and operated business started in 1988 with a fleet of over 75 diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) powered trucks and over 100,000 customers.
- Perform preventative maintenance services.
- Inspect, diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment, including but not limited to diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) waste collection vehicles, semi-tractor/trailer units, heavy loader equipment, service vehicles, and roll-off trucks.
- Performs test drives and service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Ability to learn fleet maintenance software and new diagnostic equipment
- Politeness, confidence, tact, patience, and diplomacy while dealing with complex problems
- Communication and customer service4.
- Must have all the required tools
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Motor coordination with finger dexterity, exposure to chemicals, and physical environment with dirt, odors, noise, and weather extremes.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, DOT health evaluation, and physical assessment.
Walters offers competitive benefits packages including:
- Competitive wages - Based on Experience
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Company Paid: Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Benefits; Additional Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental
- Legalshield/ID Shield
- 401K with Employer Match
- Personal Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays
Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.