Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs.
UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
UCare offers Medicare, Medicaid, Individual and Family health plans - powered by the hardest working people in the industry. Our people powered teams de-complicate, advocate and always go the extra mile to help our members. We serve with integrity, compassion and commitment to do right by members, providers and government partners. Above all, we come to work excited to provide members a path for the best health of their lives.
WORKING AT UCARE
Working at UCare is more than a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Employees join UCare and stay because of the opportunity to have a purpose-driven job.
Our strong culture has established UCare as a Star Tribune Top 150 Workplace for 12 consecutive years since the awards program began. It's a culture that embraces innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and exemplary customer and provider experiences. Working at UCare is being a part of a people powered team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and communities.
HEALTH SERVICES DATA ANALYST
Work Location: In the office or hybrid (in the office 3 or more days per week)
The health and safety of our employees, members, providers, and our community is our highest priority. Therefore, all new employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting at UCare, subject to limited exceptions such as for a sincerely held religious belief or for medical reasons.
This position is responsible to create and develop essential reports and analyses to support Health Services' goals around improved quality of care, appropriate utilization, program evaluations and determine areas for improvement. Perform analysis of Health data from Services documentation system for evaluating utilization review, case management, disease management and clinical compliance activities. Assist in the definition, preparation, analysis and presentation of reports for internal and external users.
• Coordinate data requests, tracking request specifications, and performing quality tests to verify data sets/sources.
• Serve as a resource for both internal and external customers, and as a liaison between technical and non-technical customers.
• Build queries and tableau reports to support analysis of healthcare data to identify trends and patterns that impact the goals of Health Services; including but not limited to analysis of inpatient utilization, readmission, prior authorizations, social determinants of health, and health risk assessments.
• Build queries and tableau reports to support targeted studies of services or treatments that are identified as needing further investigation to identify key utilization metrics and cost drivers, disparities, and opportunities for member health improvement.
• Develop reports and dashboards that effectively communicate performance to operational and clinical leaders and stakeholders.
• Process and distribute routine operational reports. Support operational and Health Services reporting needs with expertise on the Health Services documentation system's attributes. Manage the portfolio of operational reports, collaborating with managers and users to evaluate current reporting.
• Collaborate with UCare's Health Care Economics Department to extract relevant data required for report creation and effective analysis of key clinical and quality metrics for Health Services.
• Demonstrate ability to integrate clinical, financial, cost, demographic, billing and other data from various sources when performing analysis and preparing reports.
• Provide assistance by delivering information to support various projects that include, but are not limited to, quality improvement, cost containment, protocol-specific performance monitoring, clinical outcomes analysis, physician resource utilization, delegation oversight and compliance and market analysis.
• Review literature and provide recommendations as requested related to program operations.
• Develop expertise in the utilization of UCare's Business Intelligence tools, including Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SQL Management Studio, SAS, Tableau, and other reporting software solutions for the purpose of routine and ad hoc reporting.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in health sciences research, public health or other field with a strong emphasis on critical thinking and program analysis. Statistic courses required. Master's degree or higher in informatics or health care discipline preferred.
Experience with health care metrics with understanding of healthcare data and key concepts in the Managed Care and Disease Management industries. Statistical calculation and interpretation. Related database experience and experience with statistical and query software (Excel, MS Access, SQL, Tableau). Two years of health care industry, program analysis and software administrator experience.
Related database experience and experience with statistical and query software (SAS) and visualization (Tableau).
THE UCARE DIFFERENCE
The UCare difference is our people power - employees actively working on the behalf of our members to get them access to the health care they need. We value and respect each individual's ideas and contributions, and provide the freedom to grow both personally and professionally. We are centrally located, and offer onsite education, equipment and wellness resources, and a myriad of volunteer activities. If you're looking for an inclusive environment that celebrates your people power, helps you build on your strengths and gives you the opportunity to truly make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.
JOB POST DATE: 06/28/2021