Cirrus Aircraft’s Mission is to deliver an aviation experience that is the pinnacle of innovation, quality, and safety to our customers. Cirrus Aircraft is the recognized global leader in personal aviation and the maker of the best-selling SR Series piston aircraft and the Vision Jet™, the world’s first single engine Personal Jet and recipient of the 2017 Robert J. Collier Trophy. Founded in 1984, the company has redefined performance, comfort and safety in aviation with innovations like the Cirrus Airframe Parachute System® (CAPS®) – the first FAA-certified whole-airframe parachute safety system included as standard equipment on an aircraft. To date, worldwide flight time on Cirrus aircraft has passed nine million hours and over 170 people have returned home safely to their families as a result of the inclusion of CAPS® as a standard feature on all Cirrus aircraft. Find out more at cirrusaircraft.com.
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package and is dedicated to the advancement of general aviation. The Cirrus Flying Club offers employees and their family members the unique opportunity to obtain their private pilot’s license in the comfort of a Cirrus or rent a Cirrus for an impromptu adventure at a greatly reduced rate. We are committed to investing in the future of our employees and company by offering professional development and career progression opportunities and we engage employees by offering several employee and family events throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to take part in activity clubs and community events.
Cirrus Aircraft -- a market leader committed to redefining and growing personal aviation -- is looking for an experienced Corporate Paralegal to join our dynamic Legal team. Reporting to the General Counsel, the Corporate Paralegal will provide broad-based support to the Legal Department in the administration and support of the company’s legal affairs, all in a manner that displays excellence, a high degree of attention to detail, and a service-oriented approach. The successful candidate will have 10+ years of corporate paralegal experience and will collaborate with key Cirrus Aircraft stakeholders on a wide variety of legal matters.
Position will be based out of Cirrus HQ in Duluth, Minnesota. Modifications to the job title of this position will also be considered based on the final candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Provide review and drafting support for routine legal documents and corporate agreements and instruments, including confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, sales agreements, etc.
- Support litigation matters in conjunction with both inside and outside counsel, including the management of litigation holds and e-discovery support, the review and collection of documents for responsive information, and assistance with discovery and subpoena responses.
- Provide corporate governance support and serve as primary organizer and administrator of corporate records; assist with filing annual reports and other corporate documents for the company and its subsidiaries.
- Support the management of Cirrus Aircraft’s brand assets and assist with trademark clearances, trademark and copyright filings, brand licensing and permissions, and provide domain name portfolio assistance.
- Furnish assistance in financing, real estate, and business development transactions, including due diligence support, document organization, and closings.
- Conduct legal and factual research under the direction and guidance of the Company’s attorneys.
- Manage the Legal Department’s document management repositories, intranet platform, contract management system, and other information repositories to promote efficiency and centralize key templates, policies, processes, memos, etc.
- Evaluate and implement measures to enhance cross-functional collaboration on legal projects and strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Company’s attorneys to identify and track departmental success metrics and benchmarks; prepare various tracking reports and report out materials on behalf of the Legal Department, including Power Point presentations.
- Develop and implement reports for monitoring outside legal spending.
- Lead and manage strategic legal operations initiatives and pursue continuous improvement with legal operations to promote departmental efficiency.
- Provide a limited amount of administrative support for the Legal Department.
- Assist with other company-wide strategic matters and Legal Department projects as needed.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Travel requirements estimated at 5% (domestic).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Paralegal Degree or Certification required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience as a paralegal in a law firm or corporate in-house legal department.
- Proficiency and high aptitude with Microsoft programs and applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams), Adobe Acrobat, Salesforce, and contract management systems.
- Strong oral and written communications, presentation, and facilitation skills. Must interact confidently, persuasively and diplomatically with all levels of Cirrus organization. Must also be a good listener.
- Must be a self-starter with a proactive and problem-solving approach who demonstrates exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently while functioning well in a team environment.
- Ability to understand general business operations, issues and dynamics beyond the scope of basic legal issues.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Focus: Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Action Oriented: Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Situational Adaptability: Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match shifting demands of different situations.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft Advanced eDiscovery
- Current Minnesota notary public
This opportunity is located in Duluth, Minnesota. As the home to our corporate headquarters, Duluth is a four-season city on the western tip of Lake Superior and was voted “Best Town” by Outside Magazine. The splendor of the largest freshwater lake in the world offers a multitude of outdoor activities for adventure or rejuvenation. The North Shore lifestyle is known its year-round activities, including bicycle and snowmobile trails, kayaking, rock climbing, fishing, hiking, golfing, sailing and skiing. And as a top employer in the area, Cirrus Aircraft was recently named “Best Overall Large Company to Work for in the Northland” and “Best Workplace Culture” by the Duluth News Tribune readers.
Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.