Director of Marketing - SMSC
Responsible for protecting the image, advancing the causes, and meeting the goals of the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Tribal Government and its members. Responsible for influencing the success of SMSC non-gaming enterprises and SMSC departments through the development and implementation of relevant market plans, to include print ads, web sites, radio and television commercials, video production, print collateral, media releases, special events, promotional activities and general advertising. Oversees retail operation at the Mall of America store.
Responsible for forecasting revenue driven programs and operating expenses, including: special events; promotion expenses; capital expenditures; labor expenses and miscellaneous expenses. Approves payroll, other financial requisitions, purchase orders, and other capital expenditures. Responsible for adjustments throughout the year including forecasting and variance reporting.
- Responsible for marketing strategy development and implementation. Design and implement annual marketing plans for all SMSC departments and non-gaming enterprises. Develop key messaging to communicate our brand identities.
- Monitor, analyze and apply latest trends in marketing. Oversee the development and maintenance of 11 SMSC websites and 7 Facebook accounts.
- Negotiate with various media for ad/commercial placements.
- Develop budget, manage implementation of that budget through course of fiscal year.
- Oversee Organizations communications activities, including the internal and external communications, public relations, media relations and related budget management.
- Oversee operation of SMSCs print shop.
- Build, develop and maintain a marketing team based around a competent, dedicated, talented, efficient staff members. Manage the department by hiring, supervising, assignment within the departmental staff. Interviews, selects, hires and promotes team members, including training, developing, performance management, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
Days Monday - Friday Hiring Rate or Hiring Range 1. Based on Qualifications Requirements
- Any combination of post-high school education in Marketing or related field and senior management experience in Marketing or related field with emphasis on data based marketing, to equal ten years.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and electronic mail software.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong preference for qualified Native American candidates.