SMSC Tribal Records Specialist
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Responsible for performing highly confidential, specialized records organization, processing and scanning to ensure documents are handled in a professional manner and are secured. Fulfills research and information requests to support the Business Council, Tribal Administration, Legal, and Tribal Archives staff.
Performs highly confidential, specialized records processing and scanning work, including organization of Business Council and General Council meeting documents. Fulfills research and information requests for the Business Council, Tribal Administration, Legal, and Tribal Archives staff. Catalogs physical and digital records using Electronic Records Management Systems to ensure they are secured and available for retrieval. Assists in developing metadata standards for digital records. Develops and maintains procedures and policies related to records scanning, classification and cataloging. Assists in maintaining procedures and policies for records storage and retrieval -- both electronic and physical records. Maintains office inventory, orders supplies, and schedules scanner and other equipment maintenance. Provides support to other departments to develop retention schedules and helps provide training and guidance on records management best practices. Other duties and projects as assigned.
Reflects MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATION and EXPERIENCE required in order to meet the expectations of this job:
- High School diploma or GED; Two years of experience closely related to the duties of the position.
- Preferred 4-year college degree in a related field such as Government, Social Services, Law/Paralegal, Library Science, or History.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and Electronic Record Management Systems.
- Knowledge in government relations as it relates to Records Management.
- Working knowledge of Library Science and Archives disciplines.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
- Previous experience working in an independent environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.