Energy Program Specialist
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Under the direction of the Energy Program Manager, this position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of the Energy Related Repair Program (ERR); Performing application/intake duties, responding to ERR calls after hours, procuring mechanical contractor proposals, maintaining program databases, and monitoring funding.
Essential Functions (Not All Inclusive):
- Perform application/intake process. Duties include but are not limited to: processing, maintaining, and determining participant eligibility, performing intake screening for emergencies and hazardous conditions, and interviewing and assisting the customer with the application process as needed.
- Respond to ERR calls after hours (evenings and weekends).
- Support ERR Coordinator with annual contractor training.
- Review invoices for accuracy of work performed and itemized list of costs for labor, major parts, and new equipment.
- Establish and maintain collaboration with other Community Actions services, emergency services providers, energy vendors and community resources to meet the needs of participant’s basic needs. Identify current community information that should be made available for clients.
- Accurate data entry--including inputting household and application data (text based and numerical) from documents within time limits.
- Review applications for deficiencies or errors in the information submitted by the household. Work with the household when changes are necessary, make corrections and document changes.
- Work with households to determine the best course of action to address needs when applying benefits to utility accounts. Consider the household’s particular situation and vendor preferences for primary heat payments, direct payment, crisis benefits and refunds.
- AA degree, including post-secondary coursework in residential building science, HVAC, or related field.
- 2 years of experience in residential energy efficiency or weatherization, and customer service, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Experience in generating reports and analyzing data preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word.
- Ability to relate to and communicate effectively with a variety of multi-ethnic and socio-economic groups and/or individuals.
- Knowledge of diverse public funding sources and community resources, applicable funding source guidelines and regulations especially with regard to LIHEAP regulations preferred.
- Basic understanding of residential heating systems required.
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation required.
- Language fluency in Spanish or Somali preferred.
Department: Energy Assistance
Salary: $20.60/Hr, $21.13/Hr (Bilingual)
Languages: Spanish or Somali Preferred
Schedule: M-F, 40 Hours/Week, Seasonal (9-10 Months/Year)
Community Action offers excellent benefits including generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health, dental & life insurance, retirement, employee discount programs and more.
Community Action conducts criminal background checks at the time of hire. Some positions require additional fingerprint and photo verification. Not all backgrounds are a barrier to employment.
Posting Dates: 7/6/2021-7/16/2021
Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.