6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Entry to mid level opportunity to join The Toro Company's test team and get exposure to a variety of product lines, in a hands-on environment.
Visually inspects, evaluates, operates units, gathers data, and designs test equipment to determine compliance of products to safety standards, performance requirements, and durability parameters. Summarizes and reports findings to Test engineers for action.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Personally operate and evaluate Toro prototype and production units in both field and laboratory conditions according to established and/or newly developed safety, durability, and performance standards.
- Gather pertinent data on the performance of Toro products and prototypes under prescribed field and laboratory fixture conditions. Include data acquisition with computer controlled DAQ systems such as Labview and SoMat products.
- Maintain daily logs on all test projects and may write periodic, interim and final data summaries as required.
- Perform required maintenance on test units and records such for inclusion in reliability and maintainability summaries. Perform teardown and inspection of test units at intervals or conclusion of test.
- May be required to direct and supervise temporary employees in conducting the Minneapolis field test program - summer and winter. Help instruct associate technicians in acquiring skills necessary to become fully qualified at test department procedures.
- Assist department engineering staff in design, construction, and development of specialized test fixturing and test stands.
- Some travel may be required to local field test sites along with remote test locations for data acquisition or performance evaluations.
- Provide feedback to Test Technician Team Lead on facility needs when required.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Technical College with degree or certificate. Entry level (zero to three years) of experience as a mechanical technician with demonstrated troubleshooting capability.
Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering related technology (ex. Automotive, Manufacturing, Design.) Entry level experience in the mechanical technician field and demonstrated troubleshooting capability.
Strong learning aptitude
Proficiency in MS Office Applications is required
Experience with data acquisition devices highly desirable, e.g. Labview, SoMat, etc.
Must be able to work in a team environment supporting many different individuals.
Other Job-Related Components:
Provide physical and technical support to: Operations, Commercial, RLC, and SWS Engineering Departments.
Interface with Test Engineers, Other Test Technicians, Vendors, Design Engineers, Designers, Drafters, PDL, personnel (Specialists – Journeyworker and Apprentices, CNC- Machinist Journeyworkers and Sheetmetal Specialists) and Management.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.