Employer Name: MAXIMUS, Inc.
Position Title: Senior Engineer
Location: Eagan, MN
I: Essential Job Functions:
- Design, develop, & deliver cloud software products that are easy to deploy & manage, architected for high performance, scalable, and fault-tolerant
- Serve as subject Matter expert for the applications supported, and a point of further escalation for non-routine P1/P2 issues
- Identify and implement automation and service stability process improvements
- Develop and maintain system documentation including troubleshooting guides, support processes, and break-fix procedures
- Migrate servers and applications from on-prem physical datacenter to AWS cloud using Cloud-Endure and Migration factory cloud tools.
- Build user interfaces for application monitoring using Docker, Kubernetes trough CI/CD pipeline and other technologies
- Install AppDynamics Application/Machine agents for project migration
- Automate, install, configure, troubleshoot and deploy applications in Application servers, Gateway Servers, and Webservers using Enterprise middleware as Tomcat, Apache, Java, WebLogic, JBoss, WebSphere, Drupal, pentaho.
- Recommend and implement software system enhancements to improve system reliability and performance including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution and configuration management.
- Identify Firewalls & Secured protocol (https) issues using the telnet utility and other approved tool for all applications relating to projects containing Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Protected Health Information (PHI) data and providing diagnostics and technical solutions for the Web, Application & Gateway servers for ensuring that the secured protocols are enabled for all Applications.
- Building new environments by reviewing customer design documents, assessing requirements with users, and obtaining necessary resources (hardware, software and infrastructure).
- Develop and configure system performance and reliability monitoring capabilities
- Maintain smooth operation of applications, including coordination with network, hardware, software, and system engineers, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Test and patch applications software
- Develop and implement automations scripts
II: Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and 5 years of experience developing, implementing and troubleshooting high performance cloud-based software solutions
- Alternative Requirements: Master’s Degree in Computer Science and 3 years of experience developing, implementing and troubleshooting high performance cloud-based software solutions
III: Special Skills, Knowledge and other Requirements:
- Strong understanding of AWS (Amazon Web services) including EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, Subnets, ALB, ELB, CLB, EBS, AMI, Cloud-Front with extensive use of AWS CLI with relevant orchestration tools (Cloud Formation (CFN) and Terraform, etc.)
- Experience in Migrating servers and applications from on-prem physical datacenter to AWS cloud using Cloud-Endure and Migration factory cloud tools.
- Experience building applications on Docker, Kubernetes trough CI/CD pipeline and integrating Kubernetes Cluster with Rancher for better user interface and monitoring the capacity, availability of the application.
- Experience installing AppDynamics Application/Machine agents, along with migrating the individual projects from On-prem AppDynamics cluster to AWS AppDynamics Cluster.
- Knowledge of Bash Shell Scripting and CRON job automation.
- Experience developing disaster recovery scripts
- Solid understanding of networking, network security, load balancers, TCP/IP and Working knowledge of security standards and best practices
Required Technologies and Tools:
Amazon Web services(AWS),AZURE, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) , Simple Storage services (S3), Route 53, Cloud Front, Elastic Bean Stalk, Virtual Private Cloud(VPC), RDS, Cloud Watch, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB), Auto-Scaling, IAM Roles, Users, Profile, Elastic IP’s, Nagios, GIT, Security Policies, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, Cloud Endure, Migration factory.
Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher and EKS.
RedHat Linux 5.x/6.x/7.x, SUN Solaris 8, 9 & 10 (Intel &Sparc), Windows servers 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, Centos 6.x/7.x, Windows 7/8/10.
WebLogic 9.2/10.x/11g/12c, JBoss App Server 5.x/6.x, iplanet/Sun One Web Server 6.x/7.x, Apache 2.x/2.2.x/2.4.x Web Server, Apache Tomcat 6.x/7/x/8. x.
SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle 9i/10g, PL/SQL, MS Access, DB2, Postgres, RDS.
SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP/IP, FTP, TELNET, NIS, LDAP, UDP, SSH, SFTP, VPN.
Jenkins, Subversion, Tortoise SVN, CVS, GitHub.
C, C++, UNIX Shell Scripting (ksh), WLST, Ansible
Nagios, SolarWinds, AppDynamics, Splunk Enterprise
Jira, ServiceNow, Junit, Remedy, Cherwell.
Sun SPARC Enterprise M5000 Server, SUN Fire 4800, 880, E2900, V440, V480, V490, V280, E2900, F5 Big-IP Load Balancers, IBM p5 Series (570, 575) Servers, IBM PC and Compatibles.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to VictoriaArrellano@maximus.com with "Senior Engineer (MN-3182)" in the subject. No telephone calls, please.
MAXIMUS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.