Dry Cleaning Attendant
Works in a high-paced, comfortable team environment to produce clean professional uniforms and other assorted items for end user operations. Operates laundering, dry cleaning, chemical dispensers, and steam pressing machines in conjunction with other work such as sorting, spotting, folding, and pressing. Applies high guest service standards.
- Sorts articles into lots of equal weight, color, and type while picking out those that may need hand spotting or treatment of stains and loads into dry cleaning machine.
- Operates all dry cleaning equipment including various dry cleaning machines, presses, washers, dryers, a steam tunnel and computer. Responsible for entering the programs for all programmable machines.
- Irons and presses clean articles, or sends them to the finishing section where the garments are pressed by steam.
- Checks and inspects garments to make sure customer requirements have been met. Determines how best to process garments based on the makeup.
- Cleans dry cleaning area, bathrooms, break room and janitor's closet.
- Performs basic maintenance on dry cleaning and pressing equipment.
- Maintains and replaces dry cleaning solution.
Days Weekends, Tuesday, Monday, Friday Hiring Rate or Hiring Range Salary Based on Qualifications Requirements
- Ability to speak basic English
- Requires passing a color vision test
- On feet or standing 100% of shift.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs (65% of shift).
- Exposure to heat/odors.
- Combination of heat from the dry cleaning and steam pressing machines causes an environment that can be warm and humid.