Minnehaha Cafe Assistant Restaurant Manager
Job Description Areas of Responsibility: Food operations.
Job Summary: Manages staff and activities of the food services operation of restaurant to ensure a pleasant guest experience and efficient operations. Applies high guest service standards. Assumes Restaurant Manager responsibilities to cover hours of operation.
Budget/Asset Responsibilities: Assists restaurant cashiers in reconciling cash drawers after every shift. Assists Manager with preparing and maintaining the budget.
- Manages and coordinates restaurant activities to obtain effective use of equipment, facilities, and personnel. Prepares schedules to ensure staffing levels are optimal. Assigns tasks and sections; establishes rotations. Conducts daily operations in adherence to policies, procedures, and safety and service standards, including responsible alcohol service. May provide input on the acquisition of new equipment or re-design of space to increase efficiency and safety of operations.
- Interacts and establishes relationships with guests to improve retention, promote guest loyalty, and resolve guest complaints.
- Participates in the development and formulation of administrative and operational policies and procedures. Implements work processes and recommends revisions as necessary.
- Interviews, selects, hires, and promotes team members; plans training and development in conjunction with Human Resources Development, and completes performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Mystic Express only: Manages food operations for assigned shift. Prepares and assists in the preparation of food products. Ensures quality and consistency of food products, proper sanitation of all equipment, and ensures compliance with all prescribed food and safety standards.
- Occasional Tasks.
Days TBD - based on business needs Hiring Rate or Hiring Range 1. Based on Qualifications Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Any combination of post-high school restaurant education and/or restaurant experience to equal five years.
- Mystic Express only: Any combination of culinary experience and/or cooking experience to equal five years.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities or two years supervisory experience.
- Beginning experience with word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation, electronic mail software, and restaurant-specific software.
- Certified Food Service Manager Certificate or ability to obtain within one year of employment.
- A proven people leader with success building and leading high performing teams. Act as a leader of change and innovation across the business.
- Skilled in proactively assessing organizational performance and aligning solutions with strategic and cultural initiatives.
- Demonstrated success of strong relationship management and team building skills, with ability to influence leaders and team members at all levels within the greater organization. Experience with change management and rolling out small and large scale initiatives.
- Outstanding written, verbal, interpersonal, coaching and presentation skills with the ability to tailor messaging to the audience
- Strong collaborator who influences effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.