Developer, Senior Software
Design, code, test, support and debug new software and/or enhancements to existing software. Collaborate closely with other developers and contribute subject matter and technical expertise to develop specifications that will solve for business client needs, problems, and required or desired enhancements. Interact directly with business clients. Serve as a mentor to less experienced developers.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Code, test, debug, document and implement complex software applications Prepare program specifications and diagrams, and develop coding logic flowcharts Analyze customer requirements and translate them into technical requirements Lead the design phase of projects by providing superior technical expertise and direction to the project team Manage delivery to both the functional and non-functional requirements, including performance, scalability, availability, reliability and security Support, improve, and adhere to Toro software development process (SDLC), standards, and best practices Solve complex technical problems and effectively communicate solutions to system architects, peers and management Demonstrate self-driven, highly motivated, excellent communication skills Provide detail analysis and design for new development, enhancement, and maintenance of systems Ensure that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency Create complex prototypes Provide technical advice, instruction, and training to other unit/department personnel with less experience Work closely with DevOps team for continuous improvement of CI/CD and automated testing
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 6+ years’ experience in software development.
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support
- Ability to provide technical leadership and to work with developers on team-based projects
- Ability to work closely and communicate with business client(s) to understand their system/application requirements and effectively translate that into technical requirements
- Understanding of application architecture, system design and proven UML
- Heavy emphasis on API/Micro Service development
Microsoft Software Technologies – Design & Development Experience:
- C#, .NET 4.6.1, .Net Core 2.0, .Net 5
- Enterprise API and Product based API development
- Service Bus (Event Hub, Notification Hub, Functions)
- B2C Custom Policies
- Graph API
- Application Insights Logging
- Azure Portal – API Management, Application Insights, Monitoring
- Visual Studio 2019
- Visual Studio Database project.
- SQL Server 2014+
- Network traffic capture tools
- Azure DevOps (GIT repositories, work items, backlogs, task tracking)
- Work in Agile environment
Other Job-Related Components: (e.g., Physical demands, working conditions, travel)
- Thorough understanding of technical concepts required for specialized field. Uses that knowledge, creativity and company practices and priorities to obtain solutions to complex problems.
- Provides work leadership to others.
- Interfaces with senior management to provide and obtain information and to build consensus regarding project direction.
- Travel Requirements: Occasional. Less than 10
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.