Hours: 2nd shift 2:30pm-midnight (M-F), start/end times may vary with overtime
To operate computer-controlled Co2 laser cutting machine to perform one or more functions. Operator must ensure proper production work flow using SigmaNest.
- Prioritize work, & operate Co2 laser and SigmaNest (including FMS Automation, HTX Mazak, and STX Mazak). Create programs, load workcell with raw materials & programs, and operate the lasers
- Utilize various software packages to perform the work, including:
- SigmaNest nesting software to create tasks for the laser machine
- Ventrac Network – custom Ventrac software for managing the high volume of jobs going through this workcell
- CAD software as needed
- Software on the Laser & Automation machines
- Monitor the workcell to ensure it is operating properly & producing parts to standards. This includes monitoring, managing, & documenting cut conditions across an array of material types, thicknesses, and environmental conditions.
- Review the drawings & programs for accuracy before uploading to the machine – and aiding in any corrective actions as needed.
- Confer with supervisors or programmers to resolve machine malfunctions or production errors or to obtain approval to continue production.
- Minimum high school diploma or working equivalent
- Safety conscious individual
- Must have a mechanical aptitude, strong analytical skills, and strong computer skills
- Ability to use measuring instruments
- Experience of operating basic CNC machine controls/programming
- Ability to operate forklift and overhead hoist in a safe and orderly manner
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be flexible with various work centers and job duties
- Ability to stand, sit, squat or walk for long periods of time
- 2 Year +Operating Co2 Mazak Lasers
- 2 Year +Using SigmaNest or similar nesting software
- 2 Year +maintaining Co2 Mazak Lasers
Ventrac is a growth-oriented company located in Orrville, Ohio. Our team is dedicated to excellence through innovation, a strong work ethic and quality workmanship. Join the Ventrac Team who feels passionate about the products we build for commercial lawn care use. We are known for our fantastic culture of respect and collaboration, which can be measured by our low turnover , open communication and the excitement in the air.
We believe our employees are truly the most valuable asset. We not only believe that, we make decision that align with that concept. We are dedicated to attracting and developing a diverse team of individuals who are committed to the success of our team at Ventrac. Ventrac is a Division of The Toro Company. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.