Heavy Equipment Operator - Work Outside Year Around!
Operates landscaping and construction heavy equipment; ensuring landscaping and snow removal projects are completed to provide a safe and aesthetically pleasing environment for community members and businesses.
- Operates all heavy landscaping and construction equipment for large-scale landscaping, snow removal, and operational functions. Mows, plants, fertilizes and irrigates all landscaping areas (seasonal). Maintains all community parks including the maintenance and repair of equipment. Removes snow and ice from walks and driveways (seasonal). Assists with the pickup and removal of trash.
- Completes maintenance and repairs of asphalt on community streets as well as roadside cleanup. Maintains street signs. Performs outdoor striping of parking lots, garages, and roadways; including laying out new or re-striped areas and removing lines using equipment, as needed.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and ensures safety devices are in working order on heavy equipment.
- Responds to complaints of stray or dangerous animals; and assists in recovery of animals.
- Performs work for special events (e.g., Pow Wow, cultural camp, etc.) to include grounds maintenance, garbage control, pest control and vendor set up/tear down.
- Assists other departments in special projects.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Two years experience operating commerical landscaping and heavy construction equipment.
- Must possess a valid Class "B" driver's license and good driving record or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Two years experience in landscape construction and maintenance.
- Industrial Truck Driving permit may be required (forklift).
- On feet or standing 30% of time.
- Exposure to fumes and odors.
- Must be able to lift 75-100 lbs.
- Outside work 90% of time - As related to climate conditions. May work in sub-zero conditions in winter or excessive heat in the summer in a non-climate controlled environment.