- Conducts client and PCA supervisory visits within specified timelines.
- Ensures that PCA is knowledgeable, observes client's needs, responds to needs and reports concerns timely.
- Trains PCAs in the home, as need arises to improve care given
- Assists in the development of resource and training materials for families and staff
- Develops and update care plans with the clients as needed
- Maintains appropriate reporting and recording to assure correct documentation of client care and activities
- Evaluates PCA performance in client care through direct observation
- Maintains a collaborative, problem-solving relationship with clients, families and department staff
- Mentors PCA's