Senior Systems Engineer
With 40 years of experience, Koch Companies is one of the upper mid-west leaders in the transportation and logistics industry. We are looking for an experienced , friendly, and detail oriented individual to become part of our team as a Senior Systems Engineer in our Golden Valley location.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for design, implementation, and support of all information technology including voice and data services. This to include system availability, data security, and integrity across all divisions. Must have at least one year network management, network security, and local and wide area network infrastructure experience. As well as one year of software/hardware vendor interaction experience. Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related specialty IT degree preferred.
What does this job look like daily?
- Architecture, standardization, and maintenance of Corporate & Logistics LAN/Multi-Site WAN & virtualization environments
- Adtran & Cisco routers, HPE switching - Layer2/3 switch configuration,
- Configure & troubleshoot Watchguard & Palo Alto Firewalls, SSLVPN Access and Remote Office VPN tunnels
- Configure and troubleshoot MPLS, SDWAN, Private Line Ethernet or GigWave circuits
- Configure & troubleshoot BGP, OSPF & EIGRP routing
- Configure & trouble shoot AV, next gen AV & security services
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Assist w/ proactive network administration of the following: Windows, Exchange, Sharepoint, IIS & virtual environments.
- Set, document, and publish Visio diagrams of LAN & WAN
- Set, document and publish security standards in relation to network & applications. Use industry best standards & practices
- Set, enforce, and manage maintenance policies, configuration standards & security procedures
- Research, recommend, and purchase LAN/WAN equipment and hardware
- Orchestrate network upgrades, and patch management.
- Efficient Active Directory Administration and Security management
- Train other IT staff on the use of network and virtualization tools
- Efficient project management of upgrade and rollout projects of multiple sites
- Monitor LAN/WAN resources and bandwidth utilization with monitoring software
- Maintain change logs and other documentation related to the troubleshooting and repair of the network hardware and software
- Work with various divisions to troubleshoot & assist with network & application issues
- Provide computer resources when needed.
- Participate in the after-hours on-call rotation.
- Interface with I.T. service vendors for purchasing and service
- Additional duties as assigned
Why work for us?
- Medical, Dental Vision coverage
- Accrued PTO from date of hire
- 6 Paid Holidays + 3 Floating Holidays
- 401K – company match
- Free online healthcare and mental healthcare upon hire
- Company paid Life Insurance with buy up available
- Promotion from within and long-term career growth opportunities
- Friendly and casual working environment with professionals who love their jobs!
Koch Trucking is a place to call home.
Family owned, Driver Focused.