Educare Teacher's Aide - Full Time
Playworks is Minnesota’s premier provider of quality child care and family fun. Playworks provides hourly and contract child care with an emphasis on early learning education for children 6 weeks to 12 years of age. The Playworks mission is to provide high-quality education and care to children, build cooperative partnerships with parents, provide meaningful employment, and provide a viable, fun, quality entertainment source for families.
Monitors the well being and safety of the children, contributes to sales and retention through positive communication with families, and assists with the implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum under the supervision of a qualified Employee. Ability to work in a Team Environment. Enjoys working with children.
- Supervises children while providing care and support. Responsible for the care, hygiene, learning, and developmental activities, specialized programs, and redirection of children. Promotes positive child interactions.
- Assists teachers with prepping and implementing the planned curriculum. Assists in making sure the classroom environment is appropriate.
- Records information on department sheets, using appropriate language when communicating to families. Passes on information to Supervisor on any concerns.
- Recognizes injuries/incidents and completes forms using appropriate language. Communicates to families and Supervisor with confidentiality being a priority.
- Is calm and patient with children. Uses Playworks behavior guide techniques. Asks Supervisor for help when needed with behavior concerns. Aware of all special needs of each child in the program.
- Communicates effectively with children, customers and employees in a variety of ways keeping high quality customer service and confidentiality a priority.
- Keeps work environment safe for children and Employees. Maintains classroom records, cleanliness, and orderliness. Sanitizes equipment regularly.
- Assist in evacuation and emergency procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Pass background check, work physical, and drug test.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
- On feet or standing 80% of time.
- Outside work 20% of time.