Events Services Executive
Job Description Areas of Responsibility:
Consistently apply and live the Purpose, Vision, and Values (PVV) in every interaction.
TBD - based on business needs
Hiring Rate or Hiring Range
Salary Based on Qualifications
Reflects MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATION and EXPERIENCE required in order to meet the expectations of this job:
- Client Relationships
- Client Experience
- Cross-Departmental Partnerships
- Industry Knowledge, Business Acumen and Brand Reputation
- Purpose, Vision, and Values
- Build and maintain a professional and positive relationship with client regardless of challenging circumstances that may arise during the planning and execution of event.
- Contact assigned clients to establish event details and timelines that is relevant for the success of the event. Create BEO's, diagrams, meeting agendas for client approval.
- Ability to guide client in decisions that are appropriate for the attendees as well as the Enterprise.
- Influence clients and sell the features of the Gaming Enterprise through polished and professional verbal and written communication as well as formal presentations.
- Ensure agreed upon client decisions are applied and appropriate for the attendees as well as the Enterprise.
- Responsible for driving guest loyalty by delivering excellent service throughout each client experience.
- Proactively, effectively, and professionally communicate within and across all departments to strengthen relationships between team members and support a collaborative and positive working environment.
- Work with cross-functional partners to create unique experiences, including gaming activities and other events to increase revenue potential before, during, and after the event.
- Communicate event requirements to appropriate departments, i.e., culinary hotel, banquets audio-visual, security through written and verbal communication. Creation of event resume, BEO's, meeting agendas and leading pre-con meetings to ensure successful execution of assigned events.
- Collaborate with Reservations to effectively manage guestroom block to ensure contracted revenue is met while ensuring each guests has a positive experience.
- Actively up-sell creative menus and event design enhancements and each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Distribute information to all departments regarding needs and requirements of groups, meetings and events taking place. Coordinate with multiple departments including Catering Sales, Food & Beverage, Hotel, etc.
- Prepare cost estimates, resumes, reports, diagrams, BEOs using department systems.
- Knowledge of market trends and competition.
- Develop and promote casino/hotel brand awareness by traveling to and attending industry events, tradeshows, and feeder markets when requested to gain knowledge or support the securing of business.
- 5 or more years of combined post-secondary education in sales, marketing, hospitality or related course work and/or convention/meeting management experience.
- 3 or more years of convention/meeting management experience
- Excellent PC knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products and catering software management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with a diverse group of people.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently and to prioritize and organize multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of safety and fire codes.
- Valid driver's license may be required with good driving record and reliable transportation.