IT DBA Engineer
Installs, monitors, and maintains production database while ensuring high levels of data availability. Ensures the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software by developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures. Coordinate and assist other IT teams in design, development and enforcement of security standards which align to MICS with respective areas of responsibility. Provide guidance and direction for the protection of information systems assets to IT management team.
- Monitors database system details, including stored procedure and execution time and implements efficiency improvements.
- Designs and implements redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Monitors, optimizes and allocates physical data storage for database systems.
- Assesses and develops long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
- Assists with the implementation of new databases ensuring that standards, policies, and procedures are met or exceeded.
- Any combination of post-secondary education in Business, Information Technology or related IT field and applications experience to equal five years.
- Ability to understand the business and technical requirements of a system and their impact on other systems.
- Understanding of specific database platforms of assigned applications, e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase ASA.
- Understanding of enterprise-wide analysis tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of Kafka platform, zookeepers, Kafka connect, KSQL preferred.