LEGAL SUPPORT STAFF – FULL-TIME, TEMPORARY
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (MMLA) is seeking a full-time, temporary Legal Support Staff to join our support staff at our Minneapolis office. The support staff team consists of Legal Support Staff, Legal Secretaries, and Paralegals. This position is temporary for one year, with the possibility of it becoming permanent pending department needs.
- Apply the principles of MMLA’s Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions
- General office support including typing, filing, copying, scanning, and data entry
- Assisting with sorting, scanning, and distributing incoming mail and posting outgoing mail
- Proofreading and preparing letters for mailing
- Front desk/switchboard backup
- Generating documents using word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
- Organizing and maintaining files
- Providing backup to others on the support staff team
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability and desire to connect with MMLA’s client community
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/deadlines and switch focus as needed
- Ability to learn new technology, software, and processes as they are deployed
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office required
- Typing skills of at least 65 wpm preferred
- Advanced proofreading, formatting, and editing skills preferred
SALARY: $31,546 to $40,949 per year, depending on experience, plus benefits
APPLICATIONS: Submit resume and cover letter explaining interest in the position online at https://mylegalaid.org/employment by August 11th, 2021, or until position is filled.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in our employee selection process, please contact Jolene Chestnut at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct all other inquiries to email@example.com.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.