Building Inspector - PT
The City of Champlin is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our Building Inspections team as a Building Inspector. The ideal candidate will have municipal inspection experience, good communication skills, average computer skills, field inspection experience, plan review skills and be team-oriented with a positive outlook.
With a current population of nearly 25,000, Champlin is awaiting completion of grading on its last major residential subdivision, anticipating home construction to begin fall of 2021. The City is looking to attract desirous developers on its several shovel-ready commercial sites that are available along the Highway 169 Corridor. Lastly, construction is underway on a 214-unit market rate apartment complex, plans are submitted for a park pavilion along the river and plans are expected this fall for a restaurant and amphitheater, which are all part of the City’s Mississippi Crossings Redevelopment Project.
Given the current and anticipated level of construction for the next few years, the position will support the Building Official and Permit Tech with plan review, inspection, and code enforcement. Knowledge of building, plumbing and mechanical codes will bring value as this position is a combination Inspector for residential and commercial construction projects.
The Champlin Inspections Department takes pride in next-day inspections and fast turnaround for permit issuance. To aid in this, the Department recently launched an e-permit service online.
Champlin offers a competitive salary and benefit package and an opportunity to be involved with a variety of construction projects while being part of a tight-knit collaborative team.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Possession of a valid MN driver’s license
- Minnesota Building Official limited license and be able to obtain a Building Official Certification within one year of hire date.
- 1 year or more of building inspection experience and plan review for a municipality
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word and Permit Software)
- MN Building Official Certification
- ICC Building Inspections Certificate
- Post-secondary education in Building Technology
- 3 years or more of building inspection experience and plan review for a municipality
- 5 years of work experience in a recognized trade
2021 Salary Range: $30.67 - $38.33/hour DOQ, plus excellent benefits. Application deadline: 4:30 p.m. on Friday, August 20, 2021 or until filled. For application, call 763-421-8100 or visit the City’s website at http://ci.champlin.mn.us/employment.
Applications may be returned to Building Department, 11955 Champlin Drive, Champlin MN 55316 or by email to email@example.com EOE/AA/ADA