Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist II
Provide technical EHS support to Lyndale facility management staff in its efforts to comply with environmental regulations and prevent worker injuries. Develop, maintain, and ensure site compliance with governmental regulations and company EHS programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Educate Lyndale facility leadership on their safety management role and work with site employees to increase safety knowledge.
- Work with enterprise-wide EHS partners and managers on escalated concerns as needed.
- Working with local EHS team, partner with leadership to develop and achieve annual EHS goals.
- Partner with leadership to develop and achieve annual EHS goals.
- Research, plan and promote safety & health awareness through specific training programs which includes safety orientation content, monthly safety training, and weekly/daily safety training
- Complete routine safety audits, assign and drive corrective actions to closure
- Create/update JSA’s and ensure results are incorporated into job training. Work with enterprise-wide EHS partners to standardize JSA’s.
- Maintain effective and timely communication with regards to safety suggestions, safety concerns, and corrective/preventative actions.
- Understand Federal and State of Minnesota environmental and occupational safety and health regulations ensure compliance, and implement regulatory changes as they occur.
- Responsible for all environmental related reporting for Lyndale facility.
- Ensure Toro employees are fully aware of their environmental responsibilities based on their activities and projects. This will include storm water, waste water, spill prevention and control, and air emissions. Partner with Lyndale team members on projects that may have substantial environmental and safety impact.
- Coordinate enterprise workers’ compensation claims management in conjunction with our third-party administrator.
- Review injury, illness, and hazardous conditions and near-miss incident investigation reports and follow-up with complete corrective actions. Compile information for monthly reporting.
- Responsible for Occupational Safety & Health Administration recordkeeping and calendar of safety activities for the Lyndale facility.
- Direct activities of safety committees, medical response team, and conduct safety drills for the Lyndale facility.
- Maintain SDS Safety Data Sheet documentation of chemicals uses for the Lyndale facility.
- Must be able to achieve corporate and site EHS objectives through influence.
- Manage budget, timetables and oversee completion of EHS work for the Lyndale facility.
- Report directly to Corporate EHS Director
- Office at The Toro Company Headquarters, Bloomington, Minnesota
- Must have 3 to 5 years of EHS experience in a design and test engineering environment as well as corporate office.
- Must have a degree in occupational safety and health, engineering, industrial hygiene or environmental sciences, or in a related field is preferred. Advanced degree and/or EHS professional certification is a plus.
- Must have strong communication skills from one on one to large group presentations.
- The ability to collect data and analyze it to use as a tool to improve EHS performance.
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of union and management employees.
- Ability to effectively work in an office and engineering test environment.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office.