Industrial Automation Technician
Shift: 1st shift
- Create, debug, and optimize programs and welding robotic equipment.
- Work with the robot team to develop and implement new automation/robotic applications.
- Active team member in the internal or external design and fabrication of secondary equipment, robotics, end of arm tooling (EOAT), work cells, and automated assembly equipment.
- Continuously improve equipment and automation to reduce labor, reduce cycle time, reduce waste, and increase efficiencies in equipment and process operations.
- Assist with on-site set-up, programming, and training for new automated equipment.
- Work with engineers, technicians, production, and maintenance associates in troubleshooting and resolution of automated/robotic equipment issues and repairs.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on new automated equipment.
- Read and comprehend electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic prints and schematics and perform troubleshooting and repairs of these systems.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and communicate with other supervisors to coordinate diagnostic/repair activities in individual departments in a customer-oriented manner with “customer first” sense of urgency.
- Follows up on completed work with internal customers and other departments to ensure resolution.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, or other related field, or equivalent experience with automated systems.
- Strong experience in robotic programming, systems integration, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with machining or fabrication of EOATs and other jigs and fixtures.
- Use of diagnostic equipment (multi-meters, oscilloscopes, precision measuring devices etc.).
- CAD software experience a plus.
- Ability to read from technical manuals, schematics, and written instructions.
- Knowledge of safe industrial work practices including lockout-tag-out OSHA 10.
- Knowledge of Lean methods used in manufacturing processes.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.