Analyst II, Product Warranty
Manages customer care data and provides analysis of reporting for the customer care department including warranty, technical and production information. Uses insight from data analysis to provide recommendations for action or preventative action in order to better support customers, the customer care and engineering teams, sustainability of equipment and product quality.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain Microsoft Business Intelligence (MSBI) and/or Qlikview reports of warranty data to support root cause analysis, failure analysis, warranty recovery and quality improvements.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for actions to the appropriate service, engineering or manufacturing team.
- Integrate data from multiple sources to develop reports for a holistic view of product data.
- Provide analysis and/or reports to the appropriate team for action and decision making.
- Assist with Out of Box Quality (OBQ) data and field reporting to develop corrective action plans for improving product quality.
- Develop, in partnership with IS, predictive analytics to anticipate product issues and/or maintenance needs for customers.
- Responsible for data integrity and validity of reporting for the entire irrigation customer care department.
- Provide monthly warranty expense and performance reporting to the commercial management team and finance.
- Use predictive analytics to help estimate future warranty expense.
- Monitor effectiveness and completeness of service fixes, quality updates and safety reworks through statistical analysis of data.
- Maintain communications with irrigation service, quality control, engineering and manufacturing.
- Develop and implement audit methods for warranty operations analysts to identify errors and misapplication of policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update warranty system tables and policies as needed.
- Assist with warranty cost and accrual estimates for potential field corrective action through validating and gathering documentation as needed.
- Assist with warranty claim processing and emails as a backup when needed.
- Other duties as requested or assigned by supervisor.
- Primary relationship with internal customers in technical service, engineering and finance.
- Ability to prepare data, analyze and present findings and recommendations to management as needed.
- Serve as a liaison with IS in relation to reporting databases and report creation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- 2+ years’ experience in component failure analysis.
- 3+ years’ experience with statistical analysis and measurement and has worked with related systems and software.
- Good technical aptitude with basic understanding of irrigation and repair procedures.
- Experience and expertise in the use of MSBI reporting tool.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with demonstrated advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Must be able to multi-task, manage multiple customer issues and handle interruptions in a fast-paced environment.
- Power-user of reporting systems (MSBI and Qlikview) with capability in the development and design of reports for entire Irrigationl Business use.
- Experience with providing training and work direction to less experienced staff members.
- Up to 10% travel