Accountant - Audit
This position is responsible for learning processes and systems, assisting with planning and facilitating engagements and working as part of a team to carry out tasks under close supervision. A person in this role will continue to learn, understand, and effectively use current accounting software applications when assisting with attest engagements. This person is expected to grow and develop to a point that he/she can execute/demonstrate solid understanding of accounting and auditing principles, quality control standards and technology implementation procedures.
- Learns the planning process and assists in planning and facilitating multiple assignments.
- Assists with facilitating engagements to meet budget and client expectations.
- Provides exceptional service to clients by providing individual attention, responsiveness, and commitment to understanding their goals and needs.
- Builds and strengthens co-worker and client relationships through effective communication and an understanding of relevant audit and accounting standards and advises on concerns and relevant industry pronouncements.
- Learns and develops a good understanding of client businesses.
- Executes solid understanding of accounting and auditing principles, ensures quality control standards are met, and applies technology implementation procedures.
- Prepares work papers, reports, financial statement drafts and letters of recommendations in accordance to firm and professional standards.
- Identifies and communicates audit issues, technical matters and improvement opportunities to senior accountants, supervisors/managers, or principals to resolve client issues discovered during the audit process.
- Demonstrates technical skills, general industry knowledge and becomes familiar with the firm’s services.
- Maintains and complies with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with client’s staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships.
- Learns the firm’s financial model and ensures profitable delivery of engagements.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field
- 1-3 year of similar experience in a CPA firm.
- Strong technical, analytical and organizational skills.
- Is able to travel to local clients.
- Experience with ProSystems Engagement software, CCH Knowledge Coach, and QuickBooks.
- Customer-service oriented, demonstrated by the following attributes: proactive, observant, knowledgeable and reliable.
- CPA exam passed or on track to complete.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly